Remote, USA · Information Technology
Nationwide IT Services (NIS) is seeking four (4) .NET developers to support a time-sensitive development project on our flagship contract. The ideal candidate will be well-versed with .NET development tools/languages such as Visual Studio, C# and ASP.NET Razor and work with the team to redevelop a legacy application used to support the collection, curation, archiving, and dissemination of scientific information. The developers will report to the Task Lead and Program Manager to provide regular updates on development and use Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices in support of the project.
- Work with the development team to redevelop existing legacy ColdFusion / Oracle Forms application using modern .NET tools/technologies
- Meet with customers to gather/analyze requirements
- Adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and industry best practices to effectively analyze, develop, unit test, peer review and deploy all new/modified code.
- Collaborate with QC Testers to address all identified defects/issues found during Quality Control and User Acceptance Testing
- Collaborate with other developers to troubleshoot/resolve any issues identified by users/customers
- Provide the Task Lead and Program Manager with weekly updates on project status/issues/risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 6-8 years of software development experience using Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio, C#, MVC and .NET Core/Razor
- 6-8 years of database experience using Microsoft SQL Server and related tools such as SSRS and SSIS
- Familiarity with code repo/version control tools such as Azure Repos, GitLab and/or Team Foundation Server
- Understanding of Cloud Computing concepts, Microservices, CI/CD, and DevOps practices
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to Work in the United States.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
- Familiarity with ColdFusion / Oracle Forms highly preferred but not required
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.