Antidote is on a mission to disrupt the Medical Research space. We enable faster medical innovation, by transforming how patients and researchers connect.
At our heart we are a digital patient engagement company, operating in the clinical trial recruitment sector. Our platform allows us to engage a wide network of patients and match them with the most relevant clinical trials accelerating the pace of medical research.
We have gone from strength to strength and now have the momentum and resources to power our growth.
We are a small but mighty team of ~45 professionals across our UK and US bases. Our teams are united by the purpose of our pioneering work in driving medical research and most importantly improving lives.
Due to the level of activity in the business, our Compliance Manager is seeking an experienced Compliance Officer to help deliver a busy and complex agenda.
This is a newly created role and you will be responsible for applying best practice across the business that satisfies the quality, legal, security and assurance requirements of the business and our stakeholders.
Day to day you will be working closely with our commercial teams across the business, but there will also be opportunity to liaise with our Executives and external clients in the healthcare/life sciences field.
What we need from you
- We need someone who has demonstrable experience of running internal audits, from start to finish. At interview stage, we will want to understand your approach and the activities involved in running previous audits. Experience in CAPA tracking and reporting would be beneficial
- You will need to be able to show previous experience of drafting policies and procedures, providing compliance advice to business stakeholders and championing data privacy best practices. A solid understanding of the key principles of relevant information laws and regulations is required (GDPR and HIPAA)
- We need an individual who is comfortable to work independently and provides a seamless service to the commercial teams and our external clients when responding to audits and regulatory aspects of the RFP process.
- We work in a highly regulated industry, so it is important that you understand the need for tight controls and procedures and are able to assist with risk and privacy impact assessments. For this reason, our preference is for an individual who has experience in either the Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Clinical Trial industry
- Antidote is a relatively small company and we are scaling, so experience of working in a start-up environment where you can demonstrate that you have rolled your sleeves up, been proactive and managed your priorities and tasks effectively, would set you up for success in this role.
- Communication and relationship management is key in this role. We need someone who can demonstrate strength in their written and verbal communication, has a team player mentality and can talk us through how they have built solid relationships in the past.
Our teams are located across European and US time zones (mostly East Coast) - previous experience working with US stakeholders is beneficial.
What you will get from us
- This is a great opportunity for a competent Compliance Officer, who is keen to be part of a growing organisation and own part of the internal audit process
- You will get to work with some truly fantastic leaders and help the business mature it’s understanding of risk and controls.
- Whilst this is still a relatively junior role, the business is non-hierarchical and we think very much outside of a job description. As well as delivering on the key aspects of your role, as the business grows and as you settle into the role you will have opportunities to support our Compliance Manager on many other aspects of Risk, Audit and Compliance.
- We trust our employees to manage their own schedules as we are currently fully remote. What matters to us is output and being able to deliver high quality work on time and with accuracy -both for our internal stakeholders and our external clients.
- At Antidote, we pride ourselves on the great culture focused on collaboration and learning which we have organically fostered across our international UK and US bases.
We understand that your time is in demand so we have outlined the interview process below.
- Stage 1: Interview with the VP of People and our Compliance Manager. This will be an opportunity to explore your background and skills and assess motivation and fit with the business.
- Stage 2: A detailed competency based interview with our Compliance Manager to delve further into your experience and understand how you approach various situations similar to those you will find at Antidote.
As a final step there may also be the opportunity for a brief conversation with our CFO as the Compliance team forms part of the Central function under his leadership.
This role is currently remote, candidates should ideally be based within commuting distance to London to be able to attend in-person meetings with the team or the Compliance Manager. It is anticipated this will be once a week in the first month and then on as needed basis thereafter.
- Annual salary up to £40,000 (depending on experience)
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Monthly wellbeing subsidy
- Remote working stipend and home set up allowance
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (UK)
- Your birthday off
- Discretionary annual performance related bonus
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Antidote are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Antidote is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Curated from remotive.io