Customer Support Engineer
at Sauce Labs Inc.
Sauce Labs is the leading provider of continuous test and error reporting solutions that give companies the confidence to develop, deliver and update high quality software at speed. The Sauce Labs Continuous Testing Cloud identifies quality signals in development and production, accelerating the ability to release and update web and mobile applications that look, function and perform exactly as they should on every browser, operating system and device, every single time. Sauce Labs is a privately held company funded by TPG and Riverwood Capital. For more information, please visit https://saucelabs.com.
Our support engineers field questions and problems that arise. The issues that come to us are often complex and challenging to solve. Some of our engineers have Computer Science degrees, while others have gained their experience in boot camps and building apps on their own.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Support Engineer that can work with our Enterprise-level customers. It requires experience in the world of development, an interest in solving technical problems, and a strong drive to learn. In this role, you will be working with some of our most important customers, which will require great analytic skills, patience, and the ability to work under pressure. Mostly we work in a support ticketing system, but sometimes we do online meetings with customers. We value people who are responsible, good team players, and able to express themselves clearly in writing. For the right kind of person, it’s a rewarding and fun job.
- Help customers solve technical problems
- Answer questions about the product’s capabilities
- Reproduce customer issues, isolate issues to their simplest reproducible case and report bugs to our developers
- Manage queue of support tickets and provide regular updates to open tickets
- Respond quickly (but personally) to customers, primarily through support tickets with occasional online meetings
- Develop customer-facing documentation
- Develop code samples demonstrating testing in the Sauce cloud
- At least 6 months experience as a developer or supporting developers
- At least 2 years experience as a support engineer
- Good written communication skills (expect to write a short essay for us)
- An intrinsic desire to help customers (and the patience to do so)
- A willingness to act as a detective, an experimenter, an interpreter, and a team player
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of Selenium and/or Appium
- CI/CD software (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Test automation frameworks (e.g. JUnit, TestNG, Protractor, Cucumber, Capybara, Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, Cypress)
- Unix command line and/or Unix system administration
- Troubleshooting networking issues, HTTP proxies, firewalls
- Android emulators / iOS simulators
- Android/iOS operating systems/app development
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Security responsibilities at Sauce:
At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.