Customer Support Representative, Freight Match (Remote)
Job Category: Operations
Requisition Number: CUSTO002262
At Truckstop, we have transformed the entire freight-moving lifecycle with our SaaS solutions. From freight matching to payments and everything in between, we are the trusted partner for carriers, brokers, and shippers alike.
We lead this industry forward with our One Team mindset committing to principles such as assume positive intent, have each other’s back, and be your authentic self. Our drive for greatness produces high expectations, yet our regard for humans is even higher.
Join a team of brilliant minds and generous hearts who care deeply about other’s success.
This position is considered Internet Truckstop Group’s front line in which the employee interacts with customers in response to questions and problem solving, with the intent to end the call with a satisfied customer. The position spends more than 75 percent of the workday in direct customer service contact via telephone.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide information to customers by verifying their request; answering questions; and aiding assistance. Communicate with customers using established phone and email/chat etiquette.
- Find a satisfactory solution to a given problem per standard operating procedures. Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determine the cause of the problem; select and explain the best solution to solve the problem; expedite correction or adjustment; follow up as needed to ensure resolution. Possible behavior modification on the side of the employee to calm a customer as needed.
- Verify company information via governmental websites and company policy, in order to set up and maintain accounts on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot with customer if customer is having website problems. Forward call to Tier2 Tech Support if unable to assist.
- Track and document account information on various software solutions to track daily/monthly trends.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and use of office equipment
- Ability to become familiar with company products and navigate systems in a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to understand, problem solve and respond to a customers’ needs in a timely manner
- Ability to perform detailed, accurate data entry and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage own time to meet department goals and deadlines
- Ability to maintain cooperative effective working relationships within company
- Support a team environment, focused on the greater good and eager to pitch in to help when needed
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work that may be assigned or is completed by the employee.
Truckstop.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.