SlashData is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - across mobile, IoT, desktop, cloud, AR/VR, web, games, data science, and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, what tools they love or hate and where they are going next.
We’re now looking for a Data Analytics and Insights consultant who will maximise the value of our data aiming to discover the opportunities that will help our clients improve their business outcomes.
You’ll be working based in Europe or MEA, working remotely to support our distributed team.
Who we’re looking for
As a Data Analytics and Insights Consultant you will have a minimum of three years of experience in statistical consulting, data analysis and modelling, data visualisation, and data project delivery to clients. Your command of the English language will be second to none.
You will be fearless in data crunching and keen to unearth meaningful patterns, actionable insights and intriguing stories from the data. You will have undertaken many data analysis projects in the past where your novel insights and attention to detail would impress. You will have experience in working alongside clients, either internal to your company or external, to guide them from a vague brief to a research outcome that answers their business questions, and you will have a proven record of communicating your findings to a non-technical audience, eloquently narrating the story behind the numbers. You might not have worked in the software industry before, but you have a basic understanding of how it works.
If you’re that person, we’d love to talk.
As a Data Analytics and Insights Consultant you will be:
- Based in Europe
- Performing data and statistical analysis using a broad array of visual, predictive and spatial techniques to identify new data-driven insights and value opportunities.
- Translating business problems into research projects and finding actionable data-driven solutions.
- Writing up your findings in short and long reports including visually appealing graphs and deep insights based on your analysis, answering the “why” behind the “what”, not just reporting numbers
- Tracking the latest trends in the software developer ecosystem.
- Helping shape our research agenda and developer surveys, asking the right questions given our and our clients’ research goals.
- Helping clients identify key business questions and translate them into research questions and projects.
- Interacting with clients to provide insightful answers to tough data problems, and to support them in custom data insights projects.
- Delivering briefings and webinars, and presenting our insights in conferences, meetups and events by communicating results and new ideas convincingly to others and selling the value.
- Supporting the rest of the analyst team in their data and research quests as needed.
What skills we are looking for
- A statistical consultant or data scientist, with a background in statistics, applied mathematics or computer science, with a track record of authoring research or other technical reports.
- Demonstrated experience in converting data to insightful information.
- An ability to tell signal from noise in the data, and answer the ‘so what?’ question behind the observed numbers and patterns.
- An ability to author data stories, comprehensively and in an unbiased way, with proven previous experience in authoring insights reports, blog posts or other published writing.
- Experience in working alongside stakeholders to define and execute a data research project
- Excellent writing skills (English), with the ability to effectively communicate complex insights to non-technical audiences.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- At least basic programming skills, preferably in Python including Pandas.
- At least a basic grasp of clustering and classification methodologies and models.
- Ability to visualise data effectively, producing eye-catching and easy-to-understand graphs.
- Very good presentation skills, preferably with experience in delivering client briefings.
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team across four continents.
Bonus Points for
- Having software development experience as a hobby or past work.
- Following trends in the tech industry, either through past experience or as a hobby.
- Advanced Python skills.
- Advanced data modelling skills.
- Past experience of working with complex survey data.
- Past experience of consulting clients on complex data projects.
Key success metrics
You will be successful in the role if in the first 6 months you have:
- Developed a basic understanding of how the developer-led landscape works.
- Actively contributed in shaping the research agenda and questionnaire of the upcoming Developer Economics survey.
- Authored at least two research reports, carrying out all data analysis and background research as needed.
- Actively participated in at least one client research project.
- Delivered at least one client briefing or webinar to our high standards.
- Actively supported the rest of the analysts team, by reviewing other team mates’ work.
- Supported our developer outreach and sales teams, promptly responding to any requests relevant to your work.
- Become a dependable team mate.
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Part of an entrepreneurial company thats raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest tech brands in the world
- International team, great work atmosphere & flexible working environment
- Competitive salary + bonus twice yearly based on performance
- You will never work on your birthday
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Home office set up budget
- Annual allowance to spend on co-working with your colleagues
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription or Netflix vouchers
Curated from remotive.io