Location: Europe; 100% Remote; Freelance
As a Lead Database Administrator at Paymentology, you will be working closely with Infrastructure & Security team to provide support to the database environment of our enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing system that powers tens of millions of transactions using web, mobile and API interfaces, making it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a senior engineer who loves data, mathematics, software architecture, system architecture, and programming. Your focus will be split between supporting the current Microsoft SQL Server and Postgres database environment while architecting, planning, and implementing the database environment migration to AWS (RDS, Aurora, Redshift, and potentially more).
As team leader you will be responsible for the DBA team (4). You will provide guidance, oversight and mentor the DBAs in the team, and report on projects the team is engaged in.
What you get to do:
- Setting up, monitoring and maintaining SQL Server/Postgres/EDB Distributed instances
• Monitoring, tuning and extending our transactional databases and data warehouse solution
• Engaging in new projects for improvement, expansion and Cloud Migration
• Participating in technical and architectural discussions to help select the best technologies for future growth
• Helping us implementing a data-driven mindset in the company
• Managing our visualization and reporting tools and ensuring they integrate gracefully with our data storage solution
What it takes to succeed:
- You have at least 3+ years’ experience with AWS/Azure database experience and 6+ Years experience administrating Microsoft SQL Server or Postgres.
- Have experience running a small team of engineers
- You are experienced with continuous deployment and integration tools such as GitLab CI and Liquibase
- You are flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work well under pressure and set the pace on delivery as a design leader.
We believe everyone has ideas to contribute to our objective of continuous improvement, so you will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same.
- You are determined to achieve top-quality results in all projects you are working on.
- Confidence in taking on challenging conversations and situations collaborate with each area of the company to get to the best product for our users.
- Passion for the craft and love of technology and a self-starter.
- Support the core team and participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation to assist other engineers in resolving production-related issues.
English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level.
This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in Europe. Flexible hours are a must for our remote team.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Paymentologists, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.
Curated from remote.co