Court reporting is a $5B+ industry in the United States, with demand steadily increasing and a growing shortage of qualified court reporters available. Parrot is addressing this critical gap in the market by bringing technology to modernize remote proceedings and the transcription process. The result is remote proceedings that are more effective and convenient, and transcriptions that are delivered faster, more accurately and with functionality that saves our customers time and money. Today, law firms, insurance companies, law enforcement and leading corporations rely on Parrot for depositions, examinations under oath, and hearings.
We are looking for an experienced court reporter to work with Parrot at their own pace, taking as many or as few legal events as you want to do. When moderating our remote events, digital reporters primary responsibility is to ensure the event goes smoothly -- our court reporters do not need to transcribe proceedings, and they enjoy the flexibility of working from home.
- Lead remote proceedings and conduct the oath and affirmation of the witness
- Moderate proceedings, ensuring parties speak clearly and dont talk over each other
- Provide read-backs from the real time transcript when requested
- Follow scripts, FAQs, and other training materials
- Florida Notary public license
- Previous working experience as a court reporter or digital court reporter
- Knowledge of legislation and court processes related to court reporting matters
- Familiarity with modern software such as Zoom and Google Chrome
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Nice to have: eagerness to collaborate and innovate alongside a small, fast moving team
We are a small, fast growing team of operators, technologists, language nerds and legal professionals. Weve been remote first from the beginning, well before COVID. We value flexibility and work life balance -- our focus is delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. We are an equal opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If youre interested in what were building, wed love to connect.
Curated from remotive.io