Digital Experience Consultant I – UI/UX
Location: Columbus, GA, US, 31999
Opportunity: Digital Experience Consultant I
Location(s): Remote or Columbus GA
Division: Digital Services
Join the User Experience team that is responsible for designing and delivering on Aflac’s vision of creating a unified, seamless digital experience across channels that enables customers to engage with us whenever, wherever, and however they prefer. Understand and advocate for customer needs while working with key business partners, digital execution, and brand marketing teams to ensure strategic alignment, prioritization, and ultimately improve the value derived from digital investments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops creative concepts and design through the process of gathering requirements, conducting research, establishing objectives, concepting, presenting, refining, and producing final assets.
• Deliverables will include user experience design and research, design reviews, wireframes, prototypes, design standards, and digital accessibility guidance.
• Helps translate user needs and business priorities into compelling digital solutions that are intuitive, and drive higher adoption and customer satisfaction.
• Partners with cross-functional stakeholders in business and digital services to gain alignment and ensure delivery of a seamless end-to-end experience that improves ease.
• Proactively identifies improvements to optimize digital solutions; ensures we are delivering upon our customer experience commitment by employing user-centered design.
• Works cross functionally to evolve the current set of design tools and standards; applies human-centered design to digital product development; increases understanding and advocates for design thinking.
• Contributes to medium to large-scale initiatives as assigned; contributes to two or more projects simultaneously; ensures the projects drive value and meet agreed upon success criteria.
• Willing to travel as needed and performs other related duties as required.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Marketing, business administration, computer science or related field
- Four or more years of professional job related experience in digital product design/development or related experience
- Experience with technology or digital delivery
Education & Experience Preferred
- Certification Design Thinking or other human-centered design approaches
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge & Skills
• Self-starter who is able to work and thrive autonomously
• Proven ability to be effective in an ambiguous environment
• Knowledge of customer trends and digital/mobile revolution that’s re-shaping behaviors and expectations
• Proven ability to work cross functionally across multiple business units, including influencing others without a direct line of reporting
• Intermediate to advanced level skills and experience with common user experience design/development/research tools and methodologies
• Intermediate to advanced level skills and experience with Design Thinking or other User and HumanCentered Design techniques
• Ability to move between high level conceptual design/vision and the tactical work
• Build and cultivate strong relationships via teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and the ability to collaborate to reach a common agreement
• Innovative thinker with the ability to ask powerful questions that open up dialog like “what if”; willingness to try new ideas
• Engaging and impactful communicator; ability to address a variety of audiences with data-driven messaging that resonates; demonstrated experience influencing senior leadership
• Willing to travel as needed
- Acting with Integrity – Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments
- Communicating Effectively – Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Pursuing Self-Development – Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities
- Serving Customers – Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages
- Supporting Change – Enthusiastically participates in new change initiatives and programs; focuses on reasons why changes will work and how they will be beneficial
- Supporting Organizational Goals – Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the company’s goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals
- Working with Diverse Populations – Shows respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds
Curated from remote.co