Director, Brand Marketing
NEW YORK, NY; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; LOS ANGELES, CA; UNITED STATES – REMOTE
About the Team
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses. To further this mission, we’re looking for a marketing leader, with experience sitting at the intersection of brand, growth, to own Brand Marketing for our Dasher business at DoorDash.
About the Role
This role will report directly to the Sr. Director, Head of Brand Marketing and will manage a team of brand marketers who work closely with DoorDash’s in-house Creative Studio, Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, Strategy & Operations, CRM, PMM, Policy, Product, and collaborative external vendors to lead innovative, holistic marketing campaigns that celebrate Dashers and support workers through critical times in their experience and during key cultural and calendar moments. You’ll lead breakthrough brand strategies to drive engagement with Dashers while developing long term vision for the Dasher brand. Ultimately, you will help make DoorDash the default for those seeking work in the gig economy.
This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand for millions of Dashers – and prospective Dashers – around the globe with the mission of “delivering good by connecting people and possibility.”
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner closely with internal teams and external partners to develop a deep understanding of the Dasher audience and leverage this to define the brand strategy for growing and retaining Dashers
- Provide structure and coaching for your team of existing marketers to deliver against annual goals. Partner with the business to grow Dasher brand marketing to extend the impact of your team.
- Build a trusted partnership with business leaders on Dasher to bring Brand thinking more deeply into the overall planning process and influence the marketing roadmap
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market plans including development of Dasher positioning, communication of value proposition, launch strategy, and PR
- Partner closely with S&O, Retention Marketing/CRM, Product Marketing, Product, Policy, and the Dasher Community Council to establish and enhance programs and perks that meet Dashers’ needs, improve the overall Dasher experience, and increase individual profitability on the platform
- Drive awareness of differentiated perks with ground-breaking creative strategies that reach Dashers and potential Dashers, including partnering with CRM to integrate brand strategies into Dasher lifecycle marketing
- Leverage Dasher Brand Health metrics, NPS, and Retention to evaluate these innovative engagement strategies and measure impact and effectiveness.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have proven experience building and leading high functioning marketing teams
- You are incredibly strategic – you understand the impact of your decisions for the short and long term, and you can manage both high level strategy and detailed execution
- You are highly organized – you can efficiently manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- You are a team player – you have the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the company
- You are comfortable with creativity, execution, and analytics – you can brainstorm campaign ideas, bring them to fruition, and prove out their success
- You have a keen attention detail – you can connect the dots across strategies to ensure we are aligned and in lockstep across teams and efforts to deliver a consistent experience for our stakeholders
- You are a doer – you’ve got bias to action in your DNA, and you’re known for getting the job done
- BA or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred10+ years of professional experience in marketing or operations in a corporate or startup environment, 1099-business-model experience appreciated
- Thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience identifying, diagnosing and solving ambiguous problems
- Strong writing and communication skills, plus an innate sense for great design
- Fluency with data – including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
- Dashing experience is always a plus!
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $154,800 – $232,200, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range in New York City for this position is $172,000 – $258,000, plus opportunities in certain roles for equity and/or commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.