eCommerce Account Specialist
US, Minnesota, Maplewood
job requisition id
Ecommerce Account Specialist
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative 3Mers.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military experience to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
3M is seeking an eCommerce Specialist for our Global Marketing Center organization within 3M’s Industrial Business Group (SIBG). The successful candidate will leverage an operational eCommerce, sales and/or customer-facing background with retail partners to enhance our eCommerce partnerships with SIBG customers and accounts.
In this role, the candidate will execute brand-level and product-level eCommerce execution plans, which include product presence (new item setup, item & content maintenance, rich content/video uploads), demand generation (on-site merchandising, email, first-in-search, ratings & reviews) programs and analytics to maximize execution of pre-defined eCommerce plans set by divisions and account leadership. The candidate will have substantial input into future eCommerce plans by delivering metrics and recommendations that help define the go-forward strategy.
As an Ecommerce Account Specialist you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Working closely with Global Marketing Center eCommerce leadership to follow identified best practices and processes to improve presence on eCommerce websites. This includes executing and/or partnering with account resources on steps required to execute SKU count improvements, product page improvements and other requisite best practices to reach eCommerce site sales goals
- Reconciling duplicate or obsolete product listings to optimize the 3M catalog
- Working closely with the Key Account Leader, Global Marketing Center Content Factory, and business divisions to identify sources of new content and best practices and processes to manage data and assets for eCommerce programs with eCommerce sites.
- Working closely with eCommerce leader and eCommerce Key Account leadership to identify and execute demand generation programs on time, on budget and to expectations. Understand account system capabilities and limitations; propose changes or modifications to leadership to best achieve outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Promotions & Merchandising
- Guide and coordinate the measurement of merchandising campaigns executed on eCommerce account websites.
- New product launches
- Page content audits
- Coordinate sampling program to generate ratings & reviews
- Utilize additional assets to build rich content (e.g. video, additional images, paragraph copy, etc)
- Promotional campaign support including defining sku set, digital assets & merchandising tactics
- Analyze promotional effectiveness
- Monitoring competitor product and competitor promotions on .com sites
As the key day-to-day contact with 3M business unit teams, the candidate’s development, understanding and advocacy of best practices in eCommerce will shape the success of business unit teams as they interface with eCommerce websites. Accordingly, a key focus for the candidate will be to:
- Monitor and report on eCommerce progress to Global Marketing Center management and business unit management.
- Engage and educate teams in best practices in eCommerce, sourced from:
- Recommendations from retailers.
- Industry research
- Internal and competitive analysis
- Drive understanding of eCommerce impact amongst SIBG marketers, sales managers and management through best practice sharing, reports/dashboards and presentations.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of online/site-merchandising, digital marketing, digital account sales support, marketplace management/merchandising in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, or Business (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of site merchandising, marketplace, or online marketing in a private, public, government or military environment
- Skills include strong MS Office, analysis to actions, 3rd party software, partner portals, collaboration and working cross-functionally
Location: Remote US
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Chat with Max
For assistance with searching through our current job openings or for more information about all things 3M, visit Max, our virtual recruiting assistant on 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.