Engineering and Product Director, CommunityConnect Labs
Location: Anywhere in the US
Who We Are
CommunityConnect Labs is a tech-first social impact organization. We are a leading provider of technology solutions that help local and state governments conduct outreach and engagement to their most underserved residents. We are a fast-growing organization positioned to dramatically increase our impact over the coming years.
Last year, we served over 10 million people, to activate participation in the Census, vote in Elections, and get COVID relief. We did this by providing mobile web, text SMS, and mobile app outreach solutions, as well as content and strategy advisory services.
Our Census outreach project alone yielded a 4500x ROI, providing an estimated $12.2 billion in federal funding for essential services.
Our success has been recognized across the country: We are winners of the Battery Powered Award, Twilio Social Impact Fund, Amazon Imagine grant, and awards from New Media Ventures and Full Circle Fund. Our work has been evaluated by governments and published in statistical journals.
Our tech stack is up to date: AWS (EBS, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudWatch ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, RDS, EC2), microservices, CICD, PagerDuty, GitHub, Jenkins, ReactJS, Go, and more.
To learn more about our work and impact visit https://www.communityconnectla... Opportunity
As our organization grows we are seeking an Engineering and Product Lead who will be responsible for the organizations Engineering and Product planning, processes, and execution. This role will be a senior leader in the organization, providing leadership for a team of 5 including software engineers and product managers.
You will get to build new Customer Experience Solutions that enable government agencies - providing public health outreach, job training services, and other essential human services - to communicate with residents through multi-channel communications, in multiple languages, with a combination of AI and human interactions.
You will have the opportunity to use your tech skills to help some of our most vulnerable residents. Specifically, you will:
- Make a concrete, tangible difference in the lives of millions of people all across the country.
- Influence decision-makers at high levels of government and help them embrace technology as a resource for delivery of critical services. You will enable federal, state, local governments, and nonprofits provide better services for low-income communities at scale.
- Solve some of the countrys hardest problems
- Join a supportive, and adventurous environment with smart, engaged colleagues who come to work every day with the organizations mission in mind.
- Have flexibility on work hours/schedule and work location.
The Engineering and Product Director will be responsible for product planning and execution across multiple products. Day to day work will include: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, writing technical specs, analyzing user data, creating mock-ups, creating demos, , and working closely with engineering, implementation and business development to ensure social impact and financial goals are met. The Product Leads job also includes ensuring that the product supports the organizations overall strategy and goals.
The Engineering and Product Director is expected to:
- Be a player and a coach in Engineering and Product
- Develop and run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and manage new feature development
- Collect customer requirements, create mock-ups and demos, and write specs for engineering with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with Engineering and QA teams to identify and resolve code issues
- Design and develop full-stack application business logic using ReactJS, Go, Python/Django, NodeJS, SQL, HTML/CSS, related technologies
- Interface with Implementation Team to determine key requirements
- Work with external third parties to assess partnership opportunities and communicate the product context and strategy.
- 10+ years of Engineering experience ideally in communications software such as Contact Center, or omnichannel digital communications - email, chatbots, webchat, SMS
- Demonstrated success defining and launching early stage products
- Has led high quality product development using an agile methodology - iteratively improving products through delivery cycles.
- Proven ability to interpret and leverage user research, user testing, and data analytics to make and validate product decisions.
- Strong Engineering and Product judgement - knowing when to prototype and when to code, when to experiment and when to change direction.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive on a growing, remote, globally-distributed team
- Previous staff management experience and strong stories of proactive leadership and continuous team development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and ability to thrive on a growing, remote team
And Bonus Points For
- Experience in a mission-driven organization
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and security audits
- A strong nose for cloud-based, microservices architectures
- Familiarity with webchat, SMS, and Twilios APIs and platform
- A substantial portion of our tech stack uses the Go/Python-based third party platform RapidPro, so experience with that is a welcome bonus, but not strictly required
Our Teams Culture and Benefits
We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits including health benefits and professional development opportunities.
We are impatient changemakers. The work is challenging and fast-paced. The hours are long and we expect the highest quality of work from ourselves.
We offer you the flexibility to make daily choices that can help you to be healthy, centered, and productive. We are a mission-driven company where you can do your best, most important work for society. We continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where our peoples talents are nourished and can shine.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us to achieve our mission.
Curated from remotive.io