Gfinity is hiring! We’re expanding and looking for an enthusiastic writer to join the team to help us drive engagement and create amazing content in the gaming and entertainment space.
This person needs an excellent grasp of the English language, the ability to work within a larger team and able to produce editorial content to a high standard in a timely manner.
Ideally, you live & breathe videogames and follow industry trends, relevant leaks, breaking news and have a strong grasp of ‘what’ fans will be searching for on a day to day basis.
Applicants do not need to have an extensive body of work, but some writing experience is required; as well as a firm knowledge of the wider gaming space.
Successful candidates will join a large team and get the chance to grow and learn from experienced and passionate staff.
We are a 100% remote company so this role will be remote and has flexible working hours.
- Ability to produce a wide variety of SEO led news & guide content as well as answering key ‘queries’ asked by the community
- Pitching article ideas and writing articles that are assigned to you by editors on the site
- Keeping abreast of relevant news and writing about it in a timely manner
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience writing about games is a must
- A passion/deep understanding of certain topics, games or genres is a big bonus (Please tell us which!)
- Knowledge of SEO best practice, specifically around optimising article headlines
- Able to work independently for a set number of hours and where necessary self publish
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A people person. Candidate must be able to keep comms up, give/take directions well and form relationships with the wider team
Salary: Dependant on experience, skill level and hours youre able to commit to.
Schedule: We’re looking for writers who can commit to 3-4 hours work (6pm BST to 10pm BST) Monday to Friday.
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent.
Curated from remotive.io