Event Marketing Manager
AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers, startups, and enterprises to transcribe and understand their audio data.
Our ASR models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft – which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, Happy Scribe, BBC, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
We’re growing at breakneck speed, and recently announced our Series B round. We’ve raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber & SpaceX)!
Our ambition is to build an iconic AI company, making advanced deep learning technology accessible to everyday developers through a simple API, good docs, and a great developer experience.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for an experienced, creative, results-oriented event marketer to join our Marketing team.
The Event Marketing Manager will own event strategy and execution creating, delivering, and optimizing event programs that align to our integrated campaigns and generate new business. This role will deliver awesome digital and in-person experiences for our user and prospect audiences across all customer segments.
- Produce in-person and virtual events (including third party and AssemblyAI-led events) from concept through completion: identify opportunities including sponsorships, define strategy and goals, assemble project teams, manage vendors, source diverse speakers and audiences, create run-books, incorporate data-driven insights, and measure results
- Work in close partnership with Demand Generation, Design, Product Marketing and the broader Marketing team to develop top-notch events for AssemblyAI
- In close partnership with Sales teams, develop and expand the scope of the events program to drive new leads, nurture existing ones, and bring our reach to new industries
- Develop new event ideas, concepts, processes, and formats, ensuring consistency and creativity throughout all event touchpoints
- Refine and document the workings of our events program alongside the team, helping us scale the program
- 3-5+ years of experience in event management
- Proven track record of planning a range of events for multiple audiences in a fast-paced environment, preferably at a high-growth tech startup
- Experience working in both digital and in-person event environments, with in-depth knowledge incorporating event experiences into the buyer’s journey to generate demand
- Experience partnering closely with Sales teams to develop strategies and track metrics for events
- Strong working knowledge of tech conferences and the sales landscape in the tech industry
- Demonstrable experience working with and analyzing data from customer databases, such as Salesforce and Marketo
- Solid understanding of lead management and sales funnel management
- Experience developing, editing, and evolving content for speakers at the events
- A passion for transforming brand principles into real-life experiences
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 2x/year company paid team retreat
Curated from remote.co