Executive Assistant To CEO at Sustainable Apparel Coalition - SAC
Sustainable Apparel Coalition - SAC
Title: Executive Assistant To CEO
Remote, North America
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer & Chief of Staff
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Office (CEO) and the Chief of Staff (CoS), the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a working relationship with both the CEO and the CoS. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the CEO.
The Executive Assistant also organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have incredibly strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, quickly changing priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The SAC is an independent and impact-creating organization that aims to lead the industry toward a shared vision of sustainability based upon a joint approach for measuring, evaluating, and improving performance. As a non-profit organization, it has members from across the apparel, footwear and textile sector, but exists independently outside any one company so that it can drive progress. The SAC s collective action efforts bring more than 280 global brands, retailers, manufacturers, NGOs, academics and industry associations together. They represent about half of the apparel and footwear industry along the whole supply chain from sustainability pioneers to organizations just getting started.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and CoS including managing an active and changing calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging travel plans and developing robust itineraries; completing expense reports in a timely manner;
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature, determining appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with the Executive Team
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO and CoS to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting professional correspondence and other tasks that facilitates and supports the CEO s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with multiple deadline pressures.
- Support the CEO with developing a high-performing culture through team engagement
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the CEO s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Develops and edits drafts of google slide presentations as needed to support external engagement
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Supports the CEO and CoS with drafting internal correspondence to the SAC team
- Supports the Executive Team with internal team meeting management
- Supports the Executive Team or the Board of Directors with special projects
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally if required
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong work tenure: five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Strong experience in internal and external communications with a wide variety of audiences and communication channels
- Proficient in G-Suite and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat as well as basic understanding of collaborative software tools (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Expensify, Salesforce)
This is a full-time role, reporting directly to the CEO and CoS.
Compensation and Location
SAC offers a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience. SAC is a global organization, and as such, SAC staff sometimes work early or late hours.