Title: Executive Coordinator to the CEO
Location: United States (Remote)
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the Role:
This is Executive Coordinator to the CEO of Andela, perfectly suited to a resourceful, hardworking, intellectually curious individual who wants to work with and learn from some of the sharpest leaders in the start-up world. If you want to witness and take part in how a start-up operates, strategizes, and iterates you will see all of this first hand and in our fast paced environment. While there are many administrative tasks you’ll be responsible for you will simultaneously and daily be exposed to the evolution of the business at its very genesis. This exposure will be critical to understanding the goals, needs, personal preferences of the players which is in turn essential for you to deliver the role well. The Executive Coordinator serves as the CEO’s primary coordinator and liaison for internal and external relations. Your responsibilities will revolve around assisting the Chief in handling priorities and meeting deliverables to the organization. Your main objectives are to expand the CEO’s bandwidth and support the senior leadership team. You will report to Andela’s Chief of Staff and collaborate with the CEO several times/week to agree on priorities, responses, preferences, and what is upcoming.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Organize calendar and activities to ensure high value time utilization of the CEO in relationship to external and internal requirements. Briefs/updates/reminders on upcoming meetings and ongoing obligations.
- Handle CEO’s email correspondence and prioritize emails/events, ensuring timely responses.
- Work daily with Andela’s CEO and Chief of Staff; Provide support in establishing relationships critical to the success of the business, and handle a variety of special projects, some of which may have wide organizational impact.
- Partner with the Client Organization to draft, send, monitor client outreaches for the CEO.
- Support scheduling needs of select C level executives at Andela.
- Responsible for the CEO’s expense reporting.
- Continually think of new ways to optimize and build processes for efficiency.
- Research various topics and build succinct overviews as the need presents itself.
- Handle/oversee the CEO’s travel plans including airfare bookings, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, co-working spaces when traveling, etc.
- Create, drive, and own the yearly operating calendar of the organization which maps Board meetings, Executive Leadership meetings, and other Leadership and staff meetings for the year. Collaborate with the Director of Andela Experience and the Chief of Staff, in determining strategic locations for these meetings.
- Handle confidential company, personal, sensitive personnel or other organization matters with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
The key attributes for this role are:
Curiosity to Learn:
- Interest in understanding the business which will only improve your ability to meet the various demands of the Chief and Company.
- You are energized about process and continuous improvement.
- You can ramp up quickly on assignments and tasks with minimal guidance.
- You can think expansively, modify ideas for problem solving, take full ownership of your responsibilities and be willing to focus and commit to get work done.
- You are exposed to confidential information at the highest level of the organization and you need to not only maintain strict confidentiality but you must also use the info you gain to guide and prioritize your work.
- Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the Company, customers, board members, and external partners.
Creative Problem Solving:
- You are highly resourceful, able to see around corners, proactively anticipate blockers to daily operations and tackle for them.
- You understand and have learned enough about competing priorities to know what is most significant and act accordingly but you also have an eye to how and when to pivot
- You are also able to understand the scope of operation of the Executive Office, develop relationships outside your own team to drive outcome.
- Forward thinker, you possess confidence and initiative that allows you to make independent decisions towards optimizing the CEO’s time.
- You deliver high-impact work within set timelines, while also being careful with all types of resources (e.g. money, time, materials etc).
- You understand the challenges of working with senior executives, and are able to navigate them seamlessly; you are unflappable.
- You understand confidentiality, and treat all persons at Andela in a way that encourages mutual respect, equality, diversity and inclusion.
A Deep Commitment to our Mission:
- You are committed to creating large-scale change and impact.
In addition, an extraordinary candidate has these attributes:
- A polished professional who demonstrates drive and initiative
- Thrilled by the idea and challenge of working in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Has emotional maturity and excels in ambiguity.
- Is not afraid of hard work or long hours on occasion
- Has a strong proficiency Excel, Powerpoint, and with the Google Suite of products (Mail, Calendar, Drive), plus proficient in designing, creating, and maintaining Drive spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and is willing to double and triple check their work.
- Excellent writing, narrative-building, and proofreading skills. You catch the omissions/errors everyone else misses.
- Facility in verbal and cross-cultural communication. Understands the complexities of remote working with people in multiple locations.
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Can organize and prioritize work to meet critical timelines.
- Has very strong Project Management and logistical management skills
- Is a calm and effective multi-tasker, who doesn’t drop the balls
- Travel occasionally for work engagements.
- Must be an all around incredible person we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Curated from remote.co