6 days ago
Finance, BizOps and Strategy Partner at Gusto
Title: Finance, BizOps & Strategy Partner
Location: Denver, CO; New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA, Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Want to help guide strategic and financial decision making for a major business line at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? Then come join the Finance & BizOps (FBOS) team at Gusto! The FBOS team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.
As part of this team, you will drive planning, resource allocation and operations for the People Platform apps team in this high impact, high responsibility role. You’ll be relied upon as a thought partner in determining our strategy, product impact sizing, sequencing and prioritization, and resourcing for our flagship product experience, Payroll . You’ll create and managing financial plans with key leaders, evaluating investment opportunities, and being a thought partner to leadership in scaling the current product portfolio as well as launching new products in the future. You’ll build a deep understanding of the opportunities we have to solve customer problems combined with the drivers of our business to shape product and go-to-market strategy.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Planning. Build and maintain financial and operational plans, including revenue, cost and headcount targets.
- Business Analytics & Decision Support. Conduct research, analysis, and business modeling to help leadership make financially sound and strategically aligned decisions that thoughtfully weight opportunities and risk
- Performance Management. Help continuously improve reporting frameworks and define/track the right KPIs to drive better product and go-to-market decisions with data-informed insights.
- Execution. A core philosophy of the FBOS team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indeterminate future — we are here to help make it happen. We roll up our sleeves as partners and pitch in with operators as needed.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience. You have 10+ years of relevant work experience in strategic finance, investment banking, consulting, and/or private / growth equity, and with operational SaaS experience. You have a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Technical skills. You’re an Excel pro with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment. You have impactful data visualization skills in Tableau or other BI tools. You can deep dive into large data sets with SQL.
- Cross-functional partnership. You have the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and are adept at working with cross functional partners to help them understand how to manage headcount, deploy capital efficiently. You can eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to key stakeholders.
- Discipline & Attitude. You are a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple work streams with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $159,000 – $196,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $187,000 – $231,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]