Front End Developer
Love what you do. It’s a core value that drives our business. Plus, we’re pretty fun.
We also believe people do their best work where they feel most comfortable so the work location of this position is flexible. However, the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado, California, Florida, Connecticut, or Washington and the candidate must be eligible to work inside the United States.
Who we are
At Brad’s Deals, we’re real people that are passionate about creating the consumer advantage. Our editorial experts scour the internet every day for best-of-web prices on just about everything. To power our next phase of growth, we are building all-new ways for our team of experts to publish, merchandise, and deliver to consumers the best deals online…no matter where they are.
To support this evolution of our content and publishing model, we are building a new web front end from the ground up, integrating a new publishing stack, and developing content, search, and personalization APIs. We are building all of this in a remote-first environment relying on modern collaborative development tooling.
We take feedback seriously. We strive to constantly improve our tooling and processes through continuous feedback and iteration. You’ll have a voice in everything we do.
What you’ll do here..
Within 3 months you will be able to traverse the entire Nuxt application and be able to iterate on and maintain existing components. Your knowledge of test coverage, structured data, and legacy systems will be on solid footing. You will be able to jump into any part of the front end stack as a fully qualified developer. Your voice will be essential to the progression of our user focused web products.
Within 6 months you will put your UX sensibilities and development skills to test, measured through A/B tests and visualized on analytics dashboards. These results, both positive and negative, will propel us all forward as we look at new opportunities for growth. Your knowledge of the design systems, patterns, and storybook components will be the envy of all!
Within 1 year you will be exploring new front end territories and technologies, helping shape the direction of several consumer and internal facing products for years to come.
- Collaborate with other engineers to build, test, and ship front end web applications with Vue, Nuxt, Typescript and other front end technologies
- Write comprehensive unit tests with Jest and Cypress for quality control and confident deployments
- Identify UX/UI and Accessibility concerns. Work with your team, along with Product and Design to make improvements
- Work with REST, GraphQL, and other APIs, connecting content from headless CMS systems and other data sources for personalization and enrichment
- Build applications accessible to all audiences following WCAG best practices. Maintain tooling to automate checking where possible and test manually as needed
- Integrate with an event-driven marketing communications platform to power notifications and audience segmentation
- Contribute to and help maintain shared component libraries in Storybook
- Monitor and maintain key client-side performance metrics – FCP, FID, LCP, CLS
- Build consumer-facing onboarding, shopping, and search experiences along with merchant-facing publishing and merchandising tools
- Work in tandem with Back End and Full Stack developers, QA, Data, and DevOps engineers, Designers, and Product Managers
- Review pull requests and give constructive, supportive feedback to team members to improve code quality and maintainability, and to further individual skill-development goals.
Who you are
- 3+ years experience in front end web development
- You have an eye for good design and have a passion for delivering exceptional user experiences
- Robust experience with one or more major frameworks, Vue, React, Angular, etc – our stack is mainly Vue/Vuex/Nuxt/Typescript
- Comfortable working with REST APIs, client-side data store modeling, state management, and separation of data/UI state concerns, preferably using Vuex, Redux, or other Flux patterns
- Experience with SCSS / SASS; using variables, mixins, loops, etc to create well-organized and reusable stylesheets
- Strong understanding of CSS at scale
- Commitment to building accessible user interfaces and familiarity with current WCAG standards
- Dedication to testing best practices and experience building robust automated testing suites with libraries such as Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Jasmine
- Ability to work independently or together in a pair in a fast-paced, remote-first environment
- Comfortable acting independently to navigate technical setbacks and resolve blockers
- Strong understanding of version control (git), software development processes, and agile methodologies
- Familiarity with key web design principles and SEO best practices
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Experience working as a UI/UX designer
- Experience with various A/B testing frameworks such as LaunchDarkly, Optimizely, VWO
- Experience evaluating and monitoring client-side performance using tools like DataDog, NewRelic, or Lighthouse
- Familiarity with OAuth, JWT or other modern authentication patterns
- Background in publishing, e-commerce, digital merchandising or other consumer-facing industries
- Experience working with product analytics, marketing, identity and eventing platforms
- Familiarity with Docker, containers, and other portable application environments
- Open source contributions and community engagement
Essential Functions of the Role
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
Brad’s Deals continues to save consumers over $200 million a year by sharing the best deals out there all while being the safest place to shop on Earth. We live out our core values with a Consumer’s first, always’ mindset to deliver the most value every day.
Started by Brad in 2001, our purpose remains the same to help create smarter shopping habits and to keep it real with expert lifestyle and financial advice.
Our culture embraces diversity with different talents, experiences, and backgrounds that help us be exceptional together. With competitive pay, full health benefits, 401K match, plenty of paid time off including a paid sabbatical, and creative perks, we also believe in work-life integration and continued learning.
As one of the 50 Best Places to Work, located in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, we partner with over 2,500 retailers to help 5.5 million consumers save more every month. So if you want to challenge the ordinary and love what you do, we want to hear from you.
Brad’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
‘Embrace diversity’ is one of our core values because our differences make us stronger together. To make the world a more inclusive and safe place, we start within our company to intentionally lead with equal opportunities. We encourage the value that unique talents, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences bring to our company, our employees, and our future applicants. We welcome all applicants, whether or not you meet every qualification, to share your unique talents with us. Read more about this here.
“Love what you do” and our Commitment to your Personal Growth
At Brad’s Deals, our culture invites creativity, passion, and career empowerment to help you thrive. We champion employees to create their personal paths to success and are proud to be above the industry average in employee promotions earned every year. An entrepreneurial spirit supports our commitment to employee growth and being exceptional together with unique talents, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences.
*Please note: Due to the potential personal and business impacts of Covid-19, Brad’s Deals is taking a proactive approach by allowing our employees to work from home. As such, our hiring teams will be conducting virtual interviews with potential candidates as we continue to monitor the effects of the pandemic across our local community.
Curated from remote.co