Head of Global Employee Communications
- United States
- Corporate Communications
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 125+ million family trees, and 22+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
For more than three decades, Ancestry has helped millions of people learn more about themselves by connecting them to their past so they can gain meaningful insights to impact their future. Our relentless focus on serving our customers has enabled us to sustain innovation and market leadership in both Family History and Consumer Genomics.
Our Global Communications team is searching for a Director of Employee Communications to lead company-wide internal communications with a focus on driving alignment with our strategy and inspiring our employees so they are motivated to go above and beyond. We seek to create a collective energy that galvanizes employees and is a tailwind to organization performance.
You are a seasoned communications leader with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ approach and a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment across many teams. You are an excellent writer, creative thinker and have worked closely with executives to develop and execute an internal communications strategy. This role reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications and can be based in San Francisco, CA, Lehi, UT or the option to work remote
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive an engaging internal communications program that helps us achieve our company goals while further growing the company culture.
- Create and execute programs that drive the mindsets and behaviors needed to deliver on company priorities leveraging multiple channels to reach employees where they are.
- Partner with and advise Ancestry’s CEO and other senior executives on messaging and best practices for engaging employees.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and help develop and implement innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with People partners and business leaders to help facilitate organizational changes and respond to employee feedback.
- Manage content for company Town Hall meetings and other employee engagement events.
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to communicate business and product momentum internally.
- Lead the internal communications team (2 people) to ensure our company strategy and narrative is understood across the company at all levels in all functions.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years internal communications experience preferably at a fast-growing tech company
- Experience managing internal communication — or building out internal communications teams — for a changing organization
- Excellent writer and storyteller
- Proven success working with cross functional teams and executive leadership
- Ability to work well under pressure and communicate clearly
- Experience hiring, managing and leading teams.
- Experience in crisis communications and human resources-related issues
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $134,000/year + eligible for bonus, equity, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision. Read more about our benefits HERE.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.