Head of People
Territory Foods is a fast-growing, direct-to-consumer fresh food platform that directly connects mindful eaters with weekly access to hundreds of healthy meals designed and crafted by a network of nutritionists, local chefs and restaurants. Together with our network of over 55 chefs and restaurants, we provide best-in-class flavors across global cuisines, serving over 11 dietary templates for health-focused customers, creating a world of bountiful, delicious healthy choices that lead to unparalleled long-term customer retention and brand loyalty
Through our unique operation model and differentiated machine learning technology, we deliver a superior product experience for the customer, creating an ecosystem of diverse, high quality suppliers to meet our rapidly expanding health focused customer base. After doubling our growth in 2020 and obtaining investment from leading investors across technology, food, health & wellness, and lifestyle icons, Territory is positioned for scale and rapid growth in 2022.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. As a result of our dedication to building a solid, remote-first work culture, we have been awarded best workplace for women, best CEO (small to mid-size / start up) and best operations team in 2020 and 2021. At our core, we have a passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship; we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of diverse, cutting-edge thinkers around the country who provide unique and innovative ideas
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, we’re looking for a Head of People to help steward all people operations and cultural elements of Territory. You will be a leader on the Executive Team to build a world-class team and effective, scalable systems and processes that reinforce the values and mission of the company as we grow.
You will lead, organize, and direct all aspects of the Human Resources functions, including organizational design, talent acquisition, on-boarding and off-boarding talent, training and development, leadership and succession planning, performance management, executive and employee compensation, employee benefits, all matters of employment law, all employment-related compliance matters, employee relations, and culture.
The ideal person will have experiences in the trenches of a fast-paced startup and know how to balance process-and-rigor with speed-and-flexibility.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the executive team to build a world-class culture and successfully implement innovative human capital solutions supporting business growth and transformation
- Apply expert knowledge in organizational assessment & design while developing, implementing and evaluating change management programs and organizational problem solving processes
- Evolve the talent management and talent acquisition strategies in partnership with exec team members and functional leaders across logistics, operations, marketing and technology
- Design and develop diversity, equity and inclusion programs that enrich and expand our culture
- Build and manage a team across People Operations and Talent/Recruiting
- Analyze, administer and modify compensation and benefits systems and program to be market competitive, align with our company values and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Build an environment in full compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements
- 10+ years direct Human Resources and People Operations experience, with 3+ years leading HR/People Ops/Talent Acquisition teams in high growth companies or success leading people/talent function at a high growth start-up or a high growth division within a larger company
- Track record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent acquisition and talent management strategies and initiatives to steward organizations through pivotal growth moments
- Success scaling a compelling company culture across a combined remote and local workforce
- Demonstrated passion and experience in diversity, equity and inclusion integration into core business practices and culture
- Senior business executive who can influence peers and provide perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility
- Strong program/project management orientation to develop streamlined human resources programs and processes
- Hands-on leader with the ability to attract a highly motivated and talented team
- Deep appreciation for the importance of team design and people alignment
- Experience with mergers & acquisitions is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications