The ecosystem around the Cardano blockchain platform is expanding rapidly. As IO Global prepares to enable smart contracts and governance on Cardano, the interest among developers and users is growing. We are looking for a Head of Product, who will drive and lead the implementation of an innovative and transformative product portfolio for decentralized finance (DeFi).
To perform in this role you will need a strong understanding of the DeFi industry (exchanges, stablecoin, lending platforms, saving products, stock exchanges) and will preferably have worked in blockchain. You will have acquired a solid financial background and you will be able to conduct with confidence and lead IOG’s efforts to make Cardano ever more accessible and relevant.
As Head of DeFi products at IOG you will oversee a product line from inception through to implementation and release, and manage a team of skilled product managers to carry out the vision. You will develop a strategy for IOG in DeFi and rationalize and elaborate a DeFi offering by capitalizing on IOG’s products, such as Marlowe, and on emerging opportunities.
Duties will include:
- Managing the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Overseeing all product roadmaps for company products based on market research and collaborating with internal and external groups and stakeholders
- Executing roadmap strategies and bringing valuable, highly differentiated and elegantly designed capabilities to market
- Working with customers and partners to ensure that their needs are addressed in the roadmap and that they are kept apprised of releases and updates
- Collaborating with marketing and communications teams to explain how changes will affect users and helping to develop communications material for the wider market
- Developing a detailed understanding of trends in the product landscape to drive product excellence
- Managing the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for product changes from customers, prospects, partners, sales, and market-driven forces
- Working with business development on evaluating proposals for the roadmap, and with project managers on delivery, planning and scheduling
- Helping product managers in defining priorities for product development
- Working with engineers and designers to deliver a captivating, reliable, and easy-to-use experience with excellent UI
- Working with business analysts on defining and detailing requirements from a functional and non-functional perspective
- Providing support to the sales team on product selection, presentations and pricing strategy
- Providing technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or requests for proposals.
- Experience working in DeFi (exchanges, stablecoin, oracles, etc)
- Experience working in finance (stock exchanges, derivatives, lending platforms, saving products, etc)
- A background in distributed computing and experience with blockchain technologies
- MBA preferred
- Product management certification is a plus (CPM, AIPMM)
- Experience as a product manager or in a product leadership role
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a passion for big data
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in decentralized protocols/blockchain
- At least 10 years’ experience of product management in software companies
- Experience of launching platform-based products
- Experience of launching global services
- Experience with distributed systems, blockchain, and crypto
- Experience working with software development and marketing teams, preferably in fintech
- Experience implementing processes to define metrics and measure the success of products that are launched
- Experience leading highly technical engineering, design and business teams
- Proven ability in developing productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and managing user expectations
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in close partnership with engineering and design. Own deliverables with clear priorities. Keeping releases focused, on track and at a high quality
- Demonstrated competency with requirements elicitation, analysis, specification.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European to AST timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- Learning and Development opportunities
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Curated from remotive.io