Time zones: UTC -2, GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), CEST (UTC +2), BST (UTC +1)
OpenGamma provides cutting-edge treasury and margin management solutions to financial institutions, enabling firms to maximise their returns and minimise trading costs in today’s capital markets. With over 60 clients, including some of the worlds leading hedge funds, clearing houses and asset managers, OpenGamma’s products have helped firms improve efficiency and save millions of dollars in capital.
Our cloud-based services perform millions of calculations on client portfolios every day in order to identify opportunities for savings and guide trading decisions. We offer several mechanisms to clients for consuming the results we produce, including a proprietary web based UI and RESTful APIs. Our deep market knowledge and in-house quantitative expertise provides the foundations on which our platform is built; we have independently replicated over 50 margin methodologies for clearing houses and brokers across the globe.
Our development teams are completely responsible for building and rolling out a wide range of features, ensuring that customers and prospects are able to use our services, and expanding our cloud-native technology stack to enable us to scale in line with adoption. Developers work closely with our product team and business analysts in order to deliver value to our clients in the most efficient and timely manner possible.
We are a growing company that understands the difference each individual can make. We operate with transparency and minimal bureaucracy, provide clarity on how our objectives impact your work, and help you focus your efforts on what matters for the business. We can offer significant progression as you grow with us.
We operate a remote first working policy and do not have a fixed office. We have employees in over 10 locations across Europe and North America and have optimised our processes and working practices to maximise the efficiency of remote work. All employees are provided access to local coworking office spaces to use at their leisure. In addition, company funded team meetups occur at least twice a year giving every employee the opportunity to meet their colleagues in person.
The Treasury Development team is building the new generation of OpenGamma products, extending beyond our existing analytics solutions to provide a centralised, workflow-driven platform from which financial institutions can manage all their daily treasury needs.
As a member of the Treasury Core Team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Write the code that helps us scale our new product across multiple dimensions – for example:
- Enhancing our workflow and reporting frameworks to support new client features
- Monitoring and improving the performance and stability of the system
- Building the tooling needed to on-board clients and manage their environments at scale.
- Enhance our core functionality and user experience in response to feedback from both product managers and clients.
- Collaborate with other developers in order to scale up our capability to grow the product, increase efficiency and deliver new features.
- Become an expert in the AWS-based infrastructure on which our hosted services run and help us to leverage cloud technologies to iterate quicker, improve developer efficiency and ensure we can scale in line with customer adoption.
- Back-end: Java, Maven, Camunda
- Web-based UI: Angular 11 (with TypeScript and SASS), ngrx/store, ag-grid
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS (including Lambda, ECS, DynamoDB, Aurora, API Gateway, CloudFront, S3, SQS/SNS and KMS), DataDog, Terraform
- GitHub for our public and private code, pull requests for peer reviews
- You have a strong focus on delivering business value and a desire to use your technical skills to help contribute to the growth of the company.
- You have an appreciation for technology’s role within the context of a larger business and seek to understand how it enables the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- You are keen to push yourself and use your strengths to proactively look for gaps where you can step in to help move us forward.
- You have a bias for action, and naturally seek the context that allows you to make the right decisions to progress your work.
- You actively consider the trade-off between development effort and impact.
- You are looking for a small company environment, where the business is evolving, there are opportunities to progress, and you are relied on to deliver.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have extensive knowledge of Java fundamentals, including a broad understanding of the language, its standard library, memory model, and common frameworks; as well as experience of using these in a professional environment.
- You have a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, algorithmic complexity and concurrency.
- You have previously taken end-to-end ownership of the delivery of distinct pieces of functionality, from initial design through to support in production.
- You have experience of building scalable and robust long-term solutions and have strong understanding of commonly used design patterns and development best practices.
- You are a good problem solver and have a methodical approach to breaking down complex issues, with the tenacity to own tasks to their conclusion and the ability to communicate the outcome.
- You have experience of taking problems defined at a high level and translating them into software solutions, giving thought to how your design will fit into an existing system and how it can be tested.
- You have experience working with AWS (particularly Lambda, Aurora, and/or IAM).
- You have experience working with Camunda or another BPMN/workflow engine.
- You have experience working with SWIFT or another payment processing platform.
- You have experience in building financial applications for business users.
- You have prior experience working in a remote organisation.
- Competitive salary based on location, skills and experience
- Employee Stock Options
- Full remote working setup including laptop, monitor and office desk
- Company Healthcare and Travel Insurance (currently UK based employees only)
Curated from weworkremotely.com