Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal or legal secretary based in Pacific Time Zone with recent experience supporting attorneys in litigation or corporate law firms. The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of experience working in a legal support staff role in a law firm environment. This person will be comfortable remotely managing the administrative needs of a law office, as well as supporting attorneys with paralegal tasks such as preparing and responding to discovery requests, drafting pleadings, e-filing, managing case files, responding to emails, and calendaring deadlines. If you enjoy supporting attorneys, pride yourself on your organizational abilities, pay meticulous attention to detail, have excellent communications skills, and thrive in a work-from-home environment, we want to hear from you!
Equivity works closely with our clients to provide them with virtual paralegals and assistants who are experienced in the law firm setting and have successfully worked in a remote or virtual environment. Our law firm clients range from solo practitioners to multi-partner firms, and run across all specialty areas of law including litigation, family law, bankruptcy, real estate, and much more. It is our goal to provide our law firm clients with virtual paralegals and assistants who are familiar with the ins and outs of the day-to-day in a law office environment.
For this particular role, we have a potential client who would like to have a junior paralegal who is available to work Monday through Friday in four-hour blocks, e.g., 9am – 1pm, 10am – 2pm or 11am – 3pm. You would be expected to be fully available and working during that specified block of time.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Pacific Time) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual junior paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent experience (within the last six months) supporting attorneys in a law firm
- Experience working in a completely virtual role
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Experience supporting attorneys by managing case files, responding to emails, and calendaring deadlines
- Expert proficiency with utilizing all programs within Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Advanced proficiency with Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Experience editing, bookmarking, and indexing PDFs
- Experience preparing and e-filing pleadings
- Experience generating Tables of Contents and Tables of Authorities
- Experience entering attorney time and generating invoices/bills
- Experience performing client intake, preparing Engagement Letters, and creating new case matters
- Experience using cloud-based practice management software, preferably Clio or MyCase
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday (Pacific Time Zone)
- Availability to work a 4-hour block of time Monday – Friday (set schedule) each week
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls
Curated from remotive.io