Probably the most important component in our ability to succeed as a product, team, and company is the trust of our customers. Our customers trust us enough to include us in their stack, to allow us to display content to their users, and to rely on us to be the bridge between their intentions and their users understanding.
However, in building software, there are naturally edges and unexpected and unforeseen hiccups. We are looking for a Junior QA Engineer to help us catch these issues before they ever come close to our customers sites.
Our engineering team operates within a test-driven development environment, and our full company participates in weekly manual regression testing. We are committed to product quality but are looking for help in automating tasks and building a system that fails safely and catches issues by default
You will be a key member of the engineering and product team and your hard work will help us increase our product velocity and build new functionality to better serve our market.
What you will do specifically
You will be deeply involved in our product/feature release flow, alongside proactively building our testing capabilities. Key activities we expect you to do include:
- Build and improve our testing approach and culture
- Develop and maintain automated functional regression tests
- Conduct manual product testing efficiently and effectively
- Scrutinize any bugs and errors identified during testing and support in their resolution
- Help identify problematic aspects of our product and collaborate on resolutions
- Support with our customer-facing teams to ensure we are responding to issues quickly
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 1+ years in a software QA role, testing web applications / SaaS
- 1+ years of startup (<50 employees) experience
- Fluency with our stack: JS, HTML, CSS, React
- Comfort in writing and running testing suites
- Independent and self-motivated mindset; proactive in finding solutions while able to structure your own work with minimal management
- You have a fully functioning workspace and a quiet place to work / take calls with a high-speed internet connection
- You are in an Americas or European timezone (i.e. based in 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇬🇧 🇫🇮 🇵🇹 🇪🇺 🇿🇦 etc.)
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Learn more about what it is like to work with us at Chameleon 🤗!
Curated from weworkremotely.com