Life Insurance Product Intelligence Consultant
(Charlotte – Hybrid or Fully Remote)
Location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28277
Where you’ll work:
Our hybrid workplace model offers the freedom to work fully remote or occasionally in one of our offices. This is a remote position with a hybrid option for candidates based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
How you’ll contribute:
As a Life Product Intelligence Consultant, you’ll be responsible for conducting life product competitive intelligence and pricing analysis. This role reports to the Manager of Life Product and Market Intelligence. This position will take a lead role in monitoring and analyzing the life competitive environment. In addition, this role will engage with our distribution partners to help position Brighthouse Financial life products against the competitive marketplace.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Serve as a life product competitive expert, possessing a strong understanding of the industry including competitor life products as well as the Brighthouse Financial life product portfolio and its competitive position in the market
- Maintains benchmarking of conventional pricing metrics of competitor products and features and translates benchmarking into compelling product position content
- Building templates and presentations to assist in communicating key products concepts and design to stakeholders and leadership
- Summarize quarterly industry sales/trends and competitor movement relative to the life business
- Present to both internal and external audiences on position of the Brighthouse Financial life insurance portfolio
- Work with select external customers on specific cases to best position Brighthouse Financial life products
- Create, maintain, and update portals and databases that contain key competitive intelligence documents
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing processes in an effort to increase efficiency
- Establish working relationships and rapport across various internal departments and support areas including product development, marketing, compliance, and distribution
- Other duties as assigned
We’re looking for people who have:
- 2 to 5 years of life insurance industry experience
- Knowledge of life insurance products
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PPT, and general technical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be comfortable working on a dynamic team with shifting responsibilities
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Research shows some people may not apply for a role if they don’t check all the boxes of a job description. If you don’t check every box listed, that’s okay. We would love to hear from you.
What you’ll receive:
- Compensation Base salary ranging from $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results
- Flexible Work Environment Work fully remote or occasionally in the office to better thrive in all areas of life
- Paid Time Off Recharge with a minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 16 paid company holidays per calendar year plus paid volunteer time and paid study time
- Financial Health Work toward achieving your financial goals through our 401(k) savings plan with company match (up to 6%) and annual company nondiscretionary contribution (3%), 15% employee stock purchase plan discount, and financial counseling services
- Health and Wellness Enjoy competitive medical, vision, and dental plans plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Family Support Care for loved ones with up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up dependent care, dependent care flexible spending account, and reimbursement up to a $25,000 lifetime maximum during your adoption, infertility, or surrogacy journey
- Life and Disability Support Gain access to company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability insurance
Number of Openings:
The company and your department may occasionally gather in person throughout the year to foster a culture of belonging and promote team building. We’d love for you to join us during those company-wide and department-wide events to help you strengthen connections across the company.
Why join us?
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Our company is one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S.,1 and we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts.
We empower employees to collaborate and create space for people to bring their passion to work and make an impact. Our inclusive work environment fosters a culture that celebrates diverse backgrounds and experiences. You can find out more about our company culture by visiting brighthousefinancial.com/about-us/careers/.
We’re proud to be a FORTUNE 500 company2 and recognized as one of Charlotte’s Healthiest Employers by the Charlotte Business Journal. We’re also honored to be named to Newsweek’s inaugural list of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies.
1 Ranked by 2021 admitted assets. Best’s Review: Top 200 U.S. Life/Health Insurers. A.M. Best, 2022.
2 From FORTUNE 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 500 are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse the products or services of, Brighthouse Financial.