OYNB are recruiting an experienced Management Accountant who will initially be reporting to the CEO and, as the only accountant in the company, being responsible for all our financial matters. As a fully remote business you can be based anywhere in the UK but must have the ability to travel from time to time.
Salary range - £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience.
Our mission is to change peoples relationship with alcohol. We use app-based technology to provide a life-changing experience, access to a global community and all the tools people need to totally transform their lives.
We are a preventative health company, helping people have a better relationship with alcohol, for some that means none, for many that just means less. Not drinking is not a prerequisite for working at OYNB, however, we are confident that once you start working here, you will want to drink less, exercise more, and ultimately change your life in positive ways you never imagined. This is the by-product of working at OYNB. We change lives… yours too.
Were a dynamic start-up at a scaling-up stage looking for great talent to help us make an extraordinary impact on peoples lives!
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- At least 2 years work experience as an commercial accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Experience with Xero or equivalent
- Experience in producing monthly management accounts, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Management experience with the ability to recruit and build a cohesive team
- Experience in maintaining a general ledger
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and variance reporting
- A clear communicator able to communicate financial issues to non financial stakeholders
- The confidence to present to the Board at the quarterly meetings
- (Desirable) Have worked in a start-up or scale-up environment
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets, cashflow and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Running the monthly payroll
- Produce and review departmental financial reports against budget
- Involvement in the Budgeting process
- Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Manage the annual R&D Tax claim work
And why would you want to work with us?
- The flexibility of working remotely.
- Full holiday allowance (33 days annual leave including bank holidays).
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Pension (3% contribution from the company)
- The best equipment and software to go about executing your day-to-day work
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- 2 hours every 2 weeks to spend on personal development
Curated from remotive.io