Marketing Operations Manager
Stack Overflow is empowering the world to develop technology through collective knowledge.
Our public platform serves 100 million people every month, making it one of the most popular websites in the world. Our asynchronous knowledge management and collaboration offering Stack Overflow for Teams, is transforming how people work.
Stack Overflow is looking for an exceptional Marketing Operations Manager to join the Marketing Operations team to help lead and evolve our martech. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations, we will be looking for this role to play a crucial role in supporting our marketing organization with campaign automation & analysis, lead management, project management & process improvements.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who loves problem solving and working with systems. You will be responsible for building scalable processes, reliable technology infrastructure, and helping Stack Overflow achieve its business objectives. You are a highly collaborative analytical thinker able to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges. The Marketing Operations Manager will build and execute best in class marketing programs, manage the systems required to generate leads, and assist the go-to-market team in the achievement of its goals.
What you’ll do:
- Influence the Marketing Technology roadmap, stay up-to-date on and recommend innovative new technologies to create a best-in-class Marketing Technology stack
- Optimize lead/account scoring and routing methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development and increase efficiencies and conversion rates
- Manage set-up and configuration of data-driven campaigns ensuring deliverability
- Provide a problem solving and point of escalation’ technical support function
- Working with stakeholders create and implement test strategies, including A/B multivariate testing that maximize conversions
- Work with IT, Product, RevOps, and Engineering to manage and maintain integrations with core systems
- Oversee campaigns from creation to analysis and reporting
- Keen eye and aptitude for trouble-shooting with solutions led approach
- Ensure marketing data is being properly collected and connected across marketing tech stack (Marketo, Salesforce, Bizible, Zoominfo, Google Analytics, 6sense, Zapier, search, display and social ad platforms and more) and Product
- Embrace a culture of always testing and always learning
- Be rigorous about monitoring system performance and database health
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Technology or related field
- 5+ years of marketing operations experience working in a B2B marketing environment
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Marketo, Salesforce, Bizible, Zapier, and Demandbase or 6sense
- Experienced with database management, data hygiene, data sanity projects
- Can roll up your sleeves and navigate various tools to try new things. You’re also a visionary and can help move innovation and digital capabilities to a new level
- Deep understanding of marketing funnel reporting and industry critical metrics, such as MQLs, pipeline, and bookings.
- Excellent analytical skills. Experience with Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Experience with budgeting and vendor management a plus
- Experience analyzing CRM data (e.g. Salesforce) and web tracking (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, and find jobs).
- While we’re very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM – 2PM US Eastern Standard time.
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway – we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter – please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary ($130K to 156K) + annual bonus
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
If you want to work remotely. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, We Need You To Know This
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But We Want To Add This
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.