The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for an ambitious Product Analyst to join our team. As a Product Analyst you will immerse yourself in both our customer experience and internal stakeholder’s experience (sales, customer service, underwriting, claims, accounting). You will have a deep understanding of how customers buy and manage their insurance policy, as well as how Kin provides customers with services and support for their insurance needs. You will be identifying opportunities to improve all aspects of the customer journey. You will partner with stakeholder and technology colleagues to research, validate, and present your proposals, then execute on those approved and prioritized.
Your objective in this role is to learn as much as you can about Kin’s business, our customers, our operations, and the fundamentals of Product Management. You will identify and define future innovations and enhancements that will improve end user experiences and create incremental value for Kin. You will build effective relationships with Kin colleagues, engage in customer research and support and own portions of projects.
A day in the life could include:
- Assist in identifying problems to solve, gathering user research and input, and outlining proposed solutions, supported with data
- Collaborating with stakeholders, design and developers to define features and user acceptance criteria
- Writing strong user stories that provide all of the details needed by our development teams to develop critical features
- Working closely with Product Managers and Product Directors to understand the Product Roadmap and vision
- Motivating the development team and connecting the team’s daily work with our bigger goals at Kin
- Planning ahead to ensure the team has an appropriate amount of work and fully understands sprint-level goals
- Help define metrics and create data dashboards to track product performance
- Contributing to and often leading team and stakeholder meetings
- Learning about new technologies and determining how they can be incorporated into Kin products
- Providing input on test strategy with colleagues
I’ve got the skills but do I have the necessary ones?
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- 1+ years of relevant insurance, software, ecom, and/or product management experience
- Experience owning process management or process improvement projects
- Hard Skills
- Well organized and methodical
- Can draw meaningful conclusions to guide decision making through data
- Able to make sense and use out of incomplete conflicting, or ambiguous inputs
- A passion for analyzing data, and finding the insights that will produce value
- Effective and concise written and verbal communication
- Able to understand and communicate the customer experience with empathy
- Soft Skills
- Has a positive mindset and works collaboratively with team members across the organization
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision
- Stays cool under pressure and can manage tight deadlines
- A strong desire to learn about new technologies, new products, and improve the way things are done
- Eager and willing to learn, improve, and ask questions
- Experience working for an InsurTech or Fintech company
- Experience working with agile product and engineering teams in startup and/or rapid-growth environments
- Product management experience at B2C or other software/technology companies
- Experience conducting or participating in customer interviews and usability testing
- Experience working on customer journeys and personas
- Demonstrated expertise working with big data and BI tools (ex. Adobe, Tableau, Looker)
- MarTech or A/B testing and other experimentation experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Curated from remote.co