Fair HQ is the first tech platform to help startups, scale-ups and VCs embed diversity & inclusion across their businesses and remove bias from their processes & behaviours. Some of our customers have called Fair HQ their Head of D&I, which we find both rewarding & fitting. Were an early-stage startup backed by prominent London VCs and amazing tech founders.
We exist because the world we’re living in today is not (yet) fair — someones background & identity still influence how theyre able to navigate the world of work. Were here to change that. Join us on our mission to create a truly meritocratic society. Were Fair (its in the name!) — we wont judge you on your background, but on your passion, skills and experience.
About the role
As our first product manager, you will be evolving and executing our product vision - helping our customers become more successful through embedding D&I across their organisations. You will be connecting dots from all domains - behavioural science, design, customer development & success, product development, data science and many more.
We are a fully remote team that periodically meet in person in cool cities across the UK & Europe. Your typical day will consist of a mix of Zoom/Around calls with our team and customers, focused thinking time, and shared collaboration using online tools.
What you’ll be doing:
- Product strategy - Youll lead our product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Fair HQ customers, working closely with Kate (CEO & Founder), Bibi (Head of Behavioural Science) and Tracy (CTO).
- Customer development - You’ll expand understanding of our customers, their jobs to be done, pains & untapped opportunities on the journey to embed diversity & inclusion across their business.
- Ruthless prioritisation - Youll be in charge of making sure were solving the most important customer problems.
- Scope & ship solutions, fast! - You’ll partner with your colleagues from different domains - design, engineering & behavioural science to create and scope product solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as we can.
- Measure impact - You’ll constantly evaluate whether our solutions have solved the intended problems through quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Quality Assurance - You’ll own and maintain the quality of the product; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Team spirit - You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.
What will help you do the job well
- Strategic thinker — you love connecting the dots and seeing the bigger picture. You enjoy solving complex problems at scale.
- Efficient executor - You make a plan, break things down into small chunks and execute it flawlessly and quickly while bringing other people on board. Youre always ruthlessly prioritising to focus only on the high impact.
- Super organiser — you see beauty in bringing order to everything, ideally working on many things at the same time. Youre always thinking, How can we do this better? You never drop the ball.
- People person - you love interacting with people and building relationships - with your team as well as with customers. Most importantly, you care deeply about them and do your best to make them successful.
- Fast learner - constantly learning new things brings you excitement and fulfilment. Rather than relying on hand-holding, you love to figure things out from scratch. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, otherwise, you get bored.
IMPORTANT: please apply even if you dont have experience with all of the above. Were happy for you to learn on the job.
Were committed to hiring diversely at Fair HQ. Were very lucky to have people from a huge variety of backgrounds on our team. Diversity brings a wealth of perspectives, experience and creativity to our work. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply to this role.
Weve taken care to craft a hiring process where candidates are judged on their unique talent and aptitude, not their identity. Thats why we:
- Dont ask for your CV
- Use work samples to assess your skills
- Go for skills-based interviews rather than assessing culture fit
What we offer
- 💸 Salary is £55,000-75,000/year for UK-based employees. The exact salary will be decided according to your experience, it is negotiable.
- 🚀 Employee stock options - get a piece of the company success you help to create (after probation)
- 🐙 Flexible & remote working
- 💻 MacBook
- 🎧 Remote home-working set up (using HOFY) or access to part-time hotdesking in your location (after probation, but can be agreed on earlier if needed)
- 🏝 30 days of holidays incl. UK bank holidays + plenty of paid leave options (see our full Holidays & paid time off policy )
- 🤓 Personal development plan: access to tools, books and people
- 🍝 Fascinating lunch & learns with experts in the industry
- 🌆 Team retreats in cool locations such as Lisbon, Amsterdam & Prague
- 🩺 Private health insurance or online GP service up to £35/month - (after probation)
- 💪 Other benefits tailored to your needs
- 🎁 Some surprise presents throughout the year
Curated from remotive.io