Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchants end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
About the Role:
Extend is looking for a Product Manager to work within our Platform Applications Team. The Platform Applications product management team is responsible for building and managing Extend’s integrations with eCommerce websites, SDKs used in webstore deployment, and other front-end portals and tools. In this role, you will have a big impact on Extend by creating software that enables warranty program adoption and revenue growth for our merchant partners.
What Youll Do:
- Drive product initiatives from inception through execution.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that our products deliver an elegant and delightful user experience.
- Be passionate about product quality, user experience, and be a strong advocate for the end user.
- Interact regularly with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to obtain a deep understanding of user stories and technical use cases.
- Work closely with engineering leads and the rest of the product team to identify cross-team dependencies and prioritize work.
- Plan and execute sprints around a dedicated scrum team.
- Assist in internal enablement activities for new product features; translate complex product information into simple and engaging content that can be consumed by non-technical resources.
- Develop and maintain thorough documentation that describes how products and features are architected and implemented.
- Understand company strategy and advance strategic programs.
What Were Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a software company.
- Experience running software development sprints and organizing work in JIRA.
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer or engaging a cross-functional audience.
- Proven track record of delivering and iterating on successful product features.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Outstanding organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Preferred: Experience with API or integration/SDK software development.
- Preferred: Experience with or knowledge of major eCommerce platforms (e.g. Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc.).
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Curated from remotive.io