Locations: 6314 Remote/Teleworker US
Time Type: Full time
Job Requisition Id: R-00098865
The Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. In order to continually modernize these networks, the Navy and Marine Corps will award project Task Orders onto the SMIT contract.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating team activities to manage and implement projects from initiation to final operational stage. Determine, monitor, and review all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk. Lead the project team in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans. Identify and assemble the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements, working with our matrixed Engineering Management staff to secure the appropriate resources. Manage sub-contractors. Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project. Undertake status review meetings among project team members and clients. Work with management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules. Coach and advise team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical or operational issues. Proactively influence customers to apply project planning methodologies. Ensure adherence to legally binding requirements. Control project requirements, scope, and change management issues. Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria. Analyze project progress/costs and facilitates the development of recommended alternatives.
The primary places of performance are Government and contractor facilities located in the National Capital Region (NCR) or at other Navy/Marine Corps bases, with the potential for telework as schedules allow. Support in other regions, both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS), may be required. Travel may be required depending on the portfolio of projects awarded on contract. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences at a high-level, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- Be accountable for high complexity projects and their results.
- Create of project documentation tailored to the needs of the particular project.
- Update project status weekly and review with the Government customer.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Be accountable for project results of staying on-budget, on-schedule, and meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Assist in the proposal process as necessary for securing new work.
- Work independently with internal and external groups potentially on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to meet project requirements, as defined by the project scope.
- Define and mitigate overall project risk through conflict and issue resolution with the project team and stakeholders.
- Keep stakeholders informed of project status and deliverables, as well as risk and mitigation strategies.
- Convert requirements into tasks and determine task priorities for individual team members and the project as a whole.
- Clearly communicate complex technical concepts with non-technical client contacts.
- Effectively communicate and manage expectations of internal and external stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle; overseeing all client communication as it applies to the project.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership both internally and externally.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Identify key decision makers and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Must be a U. S. citizen with at least 8+ years of progressively responsible experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of IT projects.
- Bachelors Degree in in engineering, computer science, business management, or other related field.
- PMP Certification
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Strong ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations, including schedule management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, proactive, organized and have the ability to manage concurrent projects and interface with external clients in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Candidate must possess excellent leadership, organization, communication and time management skills.
- Working experience in government contracting, particularly related to financial aspects and standard business practices (e.g., familiarity with and ability to interpret statements of work, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- Excellent leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead in a matrixed environment.
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, or other related field.
- Experience managing large-scale contract transitions and associated transition of services.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of information technology services to large organizations.
- Earned Value Management experience.
- Prior experience managing NGEN contract projects.
Pay Range $81,900.00 – $126,000.00 – $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 36,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Commitment and Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.