Imaginary Spaces provides leadership and top-notch custom software solutions to industry leaders looking to use real-time game technology such as Unreal Engine and Unity3d. We are a small professional team punching above our weight but promote a culture of balance. We strive to work smarter not harder and offer a flexible work schedule.
Imaginary Spaces is looking for a passionate QA Analyst to join our team and help ensure our clients success. In this role you will support the development team through the entire development life-cycle as we design, create and deploy solutions to our clients. This role focuses on manual testing with the opportunity to develop and grow automation skills.
This is a full-time, permanent position in Montreal, Canada. During COVID-19 all of our employees are working from home (WFH) for the time being. This WFH policy extends to all news hires. All onboarding is being done 100% remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects will be delivered directly to you.
- Hands-on manual investigation and reproduction of issues
- Creating detailed bug reports in our issue tracking database, while communicating status changes to the team
- Following priorities from the QA lead and project leads, ensuring deadlines are met
- Verifying issue resolutions across all supported platforms and stabilizing release candidates
- Collaborating with the QA lead to create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test case plans
- Working alongside a highly collaborative development team, supporting them with detailed investigations of issues
- Being an active participant in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Communicating with users on community forums and providing assistance
- Producing demos, videos, and documentation to explain the features implemented
- Working on a wide variety of projects each year
- Experience testing desktop games and working alongside a development team
- Experience with JIRA, or any other issue tracking product
- Extensive knowledge of QA pipeline and methodologies
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems; not just able to find out the what, but also the why
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for asking questions; you’ll need to ramp up quickly on a variety of projects.
- Permission to work in Canada (citizenship, permanent residence or work permit)
- Ideally available to work in Montreal but can work remotely within Canada
- Experience working with desktop platforms
- Knowledge of game development using Unreal and/or Unity3d
- Knowledge of 3d content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max or Blender.
- Coding experience would be beneficial
We offer a professional work environment, competitive salary, health benefits, paid sick leave, flexible work schedule, and are committed to equal opportunity.
Curated from remotive.io