Recovery Representative II – Remote
Reno, NV, US
Representative II Recovery – Remote
Career Band: Support
Job Function: Loss Mitigation
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
You’ll play a pivotal role in helping us create the company we want to be. And for our employees and H-D community it’s done through being fair, honest, positive and creative. This isn’t just any company. And yours isn’t just any career. It’s part of your story. Ride with us and make it legendary.
We maximize employee flexibility and well-being through a virtual mindset that supports our highly distributed, global workforce. We take an outcome-focused, people-centered approach to winning, including welcoming the best talent – wherever they may be.
This remote role is not tightly linked to a physical location and provides flexibility in where, when and how you accomplish your work.
Under general supervision, the Recovery Representative II is responsible for skip-tracing, repossession of charged-off collateral, and collection of remaining balances via payoff, settlement, or payment plan on charged-off loans. The Recovery Representative II will handle complex customer and vendor issues, including working on specialty Active Duty accounts. The Recovery Representative II will assist with training and identifying areas for improvement.
- Assign charged-off accounts to external vendors for skip, collection, and/or repossession purposes of locating customers for collection and/or repossession of collateral and assisting with Post Recovery and Unsecured Account calls to find a resolution.
- Determines and effectively collects money through payoff and negotiates settlement or payment arrangements within current thresholds while maintaining Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS) and the customer’s best interest.
- Build a solid understanding of various operations within the team, including procedures, protocol with business partners, queue and account workflow/steps/processes, and correspondence, along with updating credit bureau agencies.
- Takes an active role in continuous improvement by identifying opportunities, potential solutions, and implementation of solutions
- May serve as a resource/mentor to new Recovery representatives and assist with training and handling miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Uses effective time management to ensure customer service experience is satisfactory and meets expectations.
- Has solid and effective understanding of account workflow (sub-team roles and responsibilities) throughout Servicing and can interact with all areas within the organization in a professional and effective manner.
- Protection of information and compliance with the law is paramount. Protecting employee, customer, and corporate information is everyone’s responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business needs. Further, all employees must maintain awareness and understand relevant laws, regulations, internal policies, and procedures and comply with them.
Degree Not Required
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Strong skip-tracing skills and collection knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven in consistently evaluate and resolving problems
- PC Literate including MSWord, Excel, Outlook, and Internet
- Proven ability to take the initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, well-organized and proven attention to detail
- Proven ability to assist with projects, training, focus groups, and continuous improvement
- Self-motivated, able to recognize what needs to be done, and initiates action promptly
- 3 years of experience preferred
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
The pay range shown represents the national average pay range for this role. Your pay may be more or less than the stated range and is dependent on your geographic location and level of experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 – 10%
Pay Range: NA
COVID-19 Vaccine Required: [[customVaccine]]
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Customer Service Representative, Equity, Compliance, Finance, Customer Service, Legal