Engineering Manager (Mobile)
Remote - EU or South America
Argyle is a fast-growing, remote-first Series B startup solving a systemic data problem.
Underneath the consumer finance industry’s decisions and processes is static, analog documentation—things like credit reports and paystubs—designed decades ago for a world that no longer exists. Meanwhile, credit bureaus buy, move, store, and sell consumers’ data without their knowledge or consent.
The result? A labyrinth of manual workflows and shortsighted underwriting models that obstruct financial access, compound operational costs, and impede innovation.
The solution is Argyle. We’re a real-time income data platform that lets our end-users instantly connect their employment records to apps and websites, so they can access and qualify for the financial resources they need to get ahead. Providers benefit from streamlined workflows and enhanced visibility that reduce costs and risk across the user journey.
Our mission is to give consumers the means to exercise ownership over their income, employment, and identity data in order to create a more equal, efficient, and effective financial system for everybody.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Link team who can help further the success of Argyle Link. If you’re looking to join a fun and ambitious group of people working remotely across dozens of countries, apply today.
What is Link?
Argyle Link is a front-end element that users interact with to connect their payroll accounts and grant access to their income and employment data, which can later be accessed via the Argyle API or Argyle Console. Link manages credential validation, multi-factor authentication, and error handling for each employer, gig platform, and payroll provider that Argyle supports. Link can be integrated into any Web, iOS, Android, and React Native application.
You will manage the engineering team and share responsibility for the Links overall vision and strategy. The team consists of Web/iOS/Android/Backend developers.
What will you do?
- Manage developers working on multiplatform SDKs (Web, iOS, Android)
- Drive cross-team efforts when implementing various features (API/other client-facing projects besides Link)
- Grow your teams abilities through coaching, mentoring and consistent one-on-one conversations.
- Drive technical excellence, operational maturity, innovation and quality processes within your team.
What are we looking for?
- You have experience managing software teams and have experience leading a team of mobile developers.
- Experienced iOS or Android Developer
- Experience leading a team to execute customer-facing improvements with healthy urgency.
- You enjoy mentoring people and desire to see those you lead grow.
- You understand customers and have a track record of delivering business results.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, and have experience communicating with remote teams.
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1,000 after a month of employment to set up your home office.
- Annual company performance bonus
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Curated from weworkremotely.com