Time zones: SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), MSK (UTC +3), CEST (UTC +2), BST (UTC +1), JST (UTC +9), CST (UTC +8), WIB (UTC +7), MMT (UTC +6:30), BST (UTC +6), NPT (UTC +5:45), IST (UTC +5:30), UZT (UTC +5), IRDT (UTC +4:30), GST (UTC +4)
50% Leadership and management of the content team and process
- Leadership: success in the Head of Content role will have a huge impact on the business. You have the opportunity to build and lead a world-class team as we scale.
This will require both nurturing and leading the existing content team, growing the team, and ensuring Content Growth remains a best-in-class service for clients (both client experience and client outcomes).
You’ll also be part of our Senior Management team, where we shape the future of the business and get peer support to make the best possible decisions.
- Data and analytics: you’ll be dealing with both production and analytics data, and KPIs coming out of these.
We plan our capacity across Google Sheets and Tableau; you’ll own the updating and improvement of this setup, and leverage it to ensure we have a bottleneck-free production workflow that can deliver work on-time and on-budget and can meet our hiring/sales needs.
We collect a lot of data for each Content Growth client; as you’ll be responsible for overall outcomes from Content Growth, you should be happy triaging and analysing this data to get the insights we need to improve.
- Content and clients: whilst we’re a growing team, we’re still a small company (10 people). In small companies, it’s a necessity to wear many hats. Whilst you’ll spend most of your time leading the content team, you’ll also have your own clients where you’re the project lead.
You should be happy being in the weeds doing client work, talking to your clients, and doing great content work. We find this also goes a long way to give the role a deep sense of understanding of what should be improved.
- Experience as a Head of Content or similar, where you lead and grew a content team. We’re open to experience from agency, technology company, and B2B settings.
- Significant experience in content marketing, including time leading a team, and time in the weeds doing content production and client work. You will be the ultimate point of escalation for both team members who need help, and clients who need problems solved.
- Strong understanding of SEO Content production, going beyond writing. You understand what research and effort is needed for great rankings, and have had experience experimenting with different techniques which have given results.
- Impeccable English editorial skills. You’re the ultimate escalation point for grammar and editorial questions!
- Hunger for data and analytics. We use Google Sheets, Tableau, and Airtable to manage our internal content analytics; working with these to improve outcomes should excite you.
- Project and production management. With ~60 posts/month – and that number increasing on your watch – content production must go smoothly. You’ll both keep abreast of the project management, and continually identify and remove bottlenecks in the production process.
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET). The content team is based in Europe. Realistically, being based in the UK or EMEA is a significant advantage; we are however happy to consider candidates with significant overlap with European working hours.
- Fantastic communication skills: Leadership in remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential.
- High level of self-awareness: Ellipsis will harness all of your experience to improve Content Growth; you’ll in turn have a lot to get up to speed with and will need to have the self-awareness to understand where to push for improvements and where to defer.
- Proven organisational skills: Content Growth is a complex production process, and it’ll get more complex on your watch as we scale. You must be extremely organised. You’ll need to be up to speed with all of our content work day-to-day, alongside the leadership and management requirements of the role.
- Effective prioritisation: The scope for this role is wide! You’ll need to juggle your different responsibilities and the priorities of the business. You’ll need to understand the tradeoff of different tasks, and delegate and prioritise effectively to make them happen.
- Self-driven work ethic: This role requires you to take on board a lot of information about how Content Growth our clients work to start, and then you’ll have a lot of autonomy to run the Content team.You need to be self-motivated.
- Experience in a remote-work environment
- Digital marketing agency experience
- WordPress industry experience (we’re very happy to train for this if you don’t)
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets, Excel, and/or Airtable
- Deeper SEO expertise beyond basic keyword research
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive, full-time salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. We expect this to be ~£48k to £60k/year
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (in fun places! ~3 per year)
- You have the unique opportunity to grow and shape a significant part of the business, and enjoy the personal development and additional responsibilities this will entail
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2022
Please apply through Workable. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you!
Curated from weworkremotely.com