Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
The Instructional Designer is a key member of our team. They are critical in developing the educational content that is the core of our product. The Instructional Designer is charged with designing and developing new classes, using our educational model, from start to finish. This will include cross functional team work with the Executive Team, Marketing Team and Product Team, ensuring that all class requirements are met at the highest level.
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience’s needs
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Class topic selection based off of market research
- Overseeing selection process of the classes and instructors
- Working with the instructor to prepare for class filming.
- Working with Video Production, Photography, and other Production Team Members to produce the video classes.
- Class design with instructors, using the School of Traditional Skills methodology.
- Traveling to be onsite for filming, giving direction when needed for continuity of class and accuracy of information.
- Working with post production editing, overseeing delivery of the final product.
- Optimizing classes to best facilitate student learning
- Creation of documentation for the full team’s involvement in the class.
- Lead in the creation of PDF Skill Sheets, to support the video classes with additional information.
- Creation of Curriculum for our monthly webinars, that support the sales of the classes.
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven working experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Exceptional, empathetic, and approachable written and verbal communication skills.
- Mastery of Google’s G Suite of products including Gmail, Docs, and Drive.
- Proficiency with virtual meeting and collaboration software and tools.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing requirements and emerging opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate with co-located and remote team members and clients.
- Ability to learn and apply new systems, technologies, and workflows.
- Understanding of the homesteading and traditional skills niche
- Deep understanding of the design of curriculum, specifically for video classes.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar recommended, but not required.
- Competitive compensation, with annual reviews and merit increases.
- Two weeks paid vacation (plus another week during Winter Break).
- Company-sponsored Training and Development program
- Remote-First Opportunity
- Paid Holidays Holiday Calendar + Flex Remote Work Initiative