Location: Remote - Europe or Africa - no more than 2hr +/- GMT
Deadline for submitting an application: 12th January 2023
Salary: £35,000-£50,000; we try and keep things in bands, and salaries are internally published
Hey there! We’re YouCanBook.me: a self-funded, fully remote company with over 25 team members worldwide. We are dedicated to taking the hassle out of booking meetings.
The YouCanBook.me story started with a vision to build a product people love to use. And it will always be about people and how we make their lives easier, their jobs more efficient, and delight them - this could be our 22,000 customers and over half a million free users every month or some of the 1.7 million people who schedule meetings using our product every month. We’ve built this tool for them - we want you to help make their experience of YCBM even better.
YouCanBook.me is powerful enough to serve Fortune 500 companies and simple enough for small shops and schools. Were proud to be named a Leader in the G2 Winter 2023 report in multiple categories incl. Online Appointment Scheduling. YouCanBook.me has been a stable, profitable, and secure business since 2011.
About The Role: Drive growth by building a product to help users achieve their goals
We’re looking for a Junior / Mid-Level Product Manager. This is a new opening. You will work alongside another Product Manager and Head of Product.
In Youcanbook.me, we have three squads, two of which work on customer-facing product aspects, and one platform squad. You will be a part of one of the customer-facing squads. Your mission will be to contribute to creating the best booking experience in the world for our bookers. You will be a driving force behind the squad, its ‘’voice’’ to the entire company, setting priorities and guiding the team to work on the most impactful things according to our goals and product roadmap.
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for developing great products that serve and delight our users and help to convert free users into paying customers. You will help write and define quarterly OKRs for your squad and ensure they align with business objectives. You will work closely with our design, engineering, and customer success team. We work together to solve problems, offering a flat company structure, clear accountability, and decision-making.
About the Role:
- We estimate that approx 50% of your time will be focused on the following work:
- Speaking to users, gathering their feedback and creating solutions to support their needs, and resolving pain points
- Planning and running user testing sessions and validating ideas with users
- Analyzing and understanding product usage through tools like Mixpanel & Hotjar to evaluate the impact of product changes and identify areas for improvement
- Work seamlessly with the customer team to identify, scope, and design solutions to product friction and repetitive support tickets
- Conducting market research and competitor analysis
- Collaborating on and being accountable for a product roadmap
- Sometimes creating wireframes to explore ideas with the team
- 30% of your time will be focused on planning and preparation work:
- Scoping and writing requirement documents, preparing epics and tickets
- Internally communicating product development plans
- Collaborating with the design team to create intuitive and delightful user experiences
- 20% of your time will be focused on project management/admin work:
- Working on the roadmap for your squad, incl. day-to-day calls with engineers, managing Jira for your squad
- Moving things forward: ensuring progress is made and removing roadblocks for the team
- You have a strong interest in how a goodproduct works, especially a SaaS product
- You have a great understanding of usability, UX and a good eye for design - you do not have to be a designer, but you know how good design looks like
- You have a good technical awareness - you are comfortable discussing projects with the engineering team
- You are naturally curious - you are able to explore different solutions to problems and come up with innovative ideas
- You are disciplined - you are able to manage time effectively, prioritize, stay on track with the product roadmap and get things done
- You are an excellent collaborator - we are looking for someone comfortable with facilitating discussions across different teams, someone who enjoys achieving joint success, is a great listener, and values everyones opinion
- You love customers - you understand that our mission is to build a product that people love to use. To do that, we enjoy talking to users and learning about their needs and expectations
- You must have exceptional communication skills:
- you can clearly explain your ideas and effectively collaborate with members of your team, as well as stakeholders and other members of the organization
- you can communicate effectively with customers and users to understand their needs
- you are writing clearly, speaking directly, and possessing the maturity to take the lead in meetings involving multiple stakeholders
- you communicate naturally over Zoom, pre-recorded Loom videos, email, and phone
- You are a self-starter, optimistic, and have great attention to detail
- You share our values
- Previous Experience in product management: the ideal candidate has some experience in the product area, but we will also consider applicants with a great passion for product, who want to branch into the field, e.g., coming from a customer success or UX background or/and having strong awareness of product management practices.
Working at YouCanBook.me includes benefits that reflect our culture. Were a pretty generous company, and our bottom line is not based on squeezing staff costs. Benefits include:
- 100% remote with a focus on great work-life balance
- Your equipment, home wifi, or co-working space are all covered
- 25 days of paid holidays per annum + all local bank holidays
- Once a year - Quiet Week Initiative - learn more here
- Upskilling opportunities - we are supporting your education
- Fully funded family health insurance (in UK / Spain / Portugal)
- 5% employer contribution to private pension (in the UK)
- Fully funded leave policies for parents
- Participation in profit share after 1.5 years with the company
- International travel/company retreats
We hope the successful candidate will start work with us as soon as possible but not later than the second half of February 2023.
The hiring process for this role will include three interviews and 10 mins screening recorded video call.
- First Interview - 30 mins - with Head of Product
- Second Interview - 60 mins - with Product Team Members (incl. short presentation)
- Final Interview - 60 mins - with Head of Product and COO
When applying, please ensure you answer all questions in the application form as we read those carefully. These are equally important as your CV.
We are aware that, in the current COVID-strained times, every job is precious. As a company, we have also been making our contribution to help those who have been adversely affected by the pandemic. We are fortunate that our business is about building a reliable, cost-saving tool for businesses to connect with their customers remotely, so we have seen an increase rather than a decrease in business in the last two years. We are determined to ensure that every job we offer here at YCBM is a secure one – we take our commitment as an employer seriously. We read and review every application looking for the right match, so we urge you to read a journal piece from our CEO on how we hire.