Time zones: SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3)
Jam.gg is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Jam.gg is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Jam.gg is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures and has already established itself as a new go-to platform for cloud gaming in some countries.
Were at the stage where were scaling our Product Department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company of 60+ people in its hyper growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Lead Product Designer to manage our growing Design team.
Location: Entirely remote. The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
Start date: As soon as possible
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the whole Design function: product branding, visual styling, user experience research and design for the entire product offering
- Manage and hire our team of designers, helping them grow and develop their skills and career. Gauge performance of individual contributors, and have candid conversations focused on helping them improve
- Take feedback and continuously improve yourself as a design leader and to help set team and individual goals
- Foster collaboration within the product team to fast track our user research workstream, helping design and product beef up our discovery efforts.
- Help designers get organized, and collaborate with the development team (PMs, POs, Devs, QA)
- Represent Jam’s design culture both internally and externally
- Develop design processes to scale design thinking
- Ensure the team is delivering great design quickly, predictably, and with appropriately defined scope;
- Remain hands-on to lead specific projects and efforts when needed;
- Know empathy is the most important design skill you possess;
- Guide the team towards simple and intuitive solutions for our customers;
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process;
- Be responsible for all user experiences across the product, and ensure that everything Jam puts out meets our high standard of design.
What we are looking for:
- Understand technical products, and are excited to take complicated problems and make them simple for our customers to control and manage
- Scrappy enough to dive into the details and work through particularly tough problems yourself
- Strong proven experience of hands-on experience of Product Design, especially with a B2C platform, including visual design as well as user research and prototyping
- Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design
- Ready to question assumptions and previous decisions whether they are in the product or in business decisions
- Some experience of managing a team of designers and/or UX/UI researchers
- A track record of creating great usable products and of design leadership, including running workshops
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products
- 6+ years of experience as a hands-on Product Designer working across a wide range of products and driving creative solutions
- 3+ years of direct experience managing design teams – you are skilled at mentoring and growing designers, and have experience as a people leader
- Great communication skills
- A good understanding of the streaming platform industry is a plus
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance calculated on the prorata of the days worked monthly.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks) with 1 year seniority and after deduction of the maternity and paternity leave regulations in your country.
- Maternity/Paternity subsidy of 3k euros with 1 year seniority.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & companys policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.
We will be pleased to receive your application and wish you the best of luck.