MailerLite is one of the fastest-growing email marketing services. We help more than 1 million businesses around the world to keep in touch with their customers. Today, we are a team of more than 130 dreamers, adventurers, and world travelers passionate about what we do and believe in. And we are ready for another talented person to join the party.
Join our team as Legal Counsel and take the plunge into the complex legal landscape of our dynamic tech company. Make a splash as you navigate the nuanced legal issues of an international organization. 🌟
Wondering why we think you’ll love working for MailerLite? Here are 6 reasons!
- You won’t be bored
Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations while dealing with various international cases will keep you engaged. You will work with MailerLite, MailerSend and MailerCheck products.
- You will be challenged with interesting tasks
There are no limits - you will have an opportunity to improve your knowledge in all kinds of matters relating to a wide range of fields in law, such as business contracts, corporate matters, data protection, IT, IP, employment and many more.
- You will take ownership
We don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
- You’ll have experts at hand
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
- You can pick where you want to work, every day
At MailerLite, we embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
- You can count on stability
You can count on us to offer you a stable workplace! Were continuously growing and we’ve been around for more than 10 years.
What we expect from you
- Masters in Law (LLM)
- 3+ years of experience as an in-house lawyer or at a law firm
- Experience with SaaS, CPaaS, or other internet technology companies
- Solid knowledge of European data protection (GDPR)
- Good understanding of principles of corporate law and its procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in IP, merger, acquisition or dispute settlement processes would be an advantage
- A sense of personal responsibility
- Problem-solving mindset
- Outstanding attention to detail (if you apply, include the word “lite” somewhere in your application)
- Youre a good team player
- Ability to work with teams across multiple time zones and countries
What you will work on
- Analyse various legal topics in different jurisdictions
- Give counsel to the manager and other teams
- Monitor overall compliance
- Prepare all kinds of documents, i.e. agreements, corporate decisions, statements, claims, notices, letters, etc.
- Communicate with partners, clients, vendors, suppliers
- Write blog posts on a chosen relevant topic
- Participate in internal calls and knowledge sharing sessions
- Assist in decision making process
What we offer
- Yearly gross salary: $37200
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- Remote health insurance. Every team member gets global health insurance with full coverage in their home country and 175+ countries. No exclusions for pandemics
- Company-paid retreats. Once per year we gather for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- 31 days of vacation per year. We encourage you to unplug and recharge!
- 4 creative days. One paid day off per quarter to do something creative and fun
- 12 parental days per year. Parents can take one paid day off every month to spend time with their children
- Parenting budget. Anyone who becomes a parent through childbirth or adoption gets a budget as a gift
- Joy Budget. Annual budget to spend on whatever that brings you joy
- MacBook and other tools thatll help you to do your job efficiently
- Check the full list of our awesome benefits here.
Dont send us a CV. We like to do things differently. Instead, fill out the application form HERE.