Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), ART (UTC -3), UTC -4, UTC -4:30, UTC -3, UTC -2, SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
About Surf Office
About the role
What should you do?
- Gathering availability from our hotel partners
- Searching and onboarding hotel venues based on our criteria and guidelines
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
What do we expect from you?
- Active online person, customer-oriented, flexible availability
- Attention to detail
- Bilingual in English & Spanish (Portuguese is a plus)
- Good knowledge of geography
- Hospitality experience is a big PLUS
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills + excellent spoken and written English
- You are based in the European or US time zones
What do you get from us?
- Competitive salary (Freelance contract)
- 100% remote work policy (async communication within the team)
- Flexibility to create a schedule around your lifestyle
- Working with hospitality leaders
- Company retreats
- Flexible vacation time
Our company values
- 1. Be transparent: We embrace open communication and talk not only about successes but failures too. We are transparent with our vendors and clients: no hidden costs, “no surprises” and always managing expectations. We are building a business based on trust.
- 2. Levelheadedness: We should be calm, considered, and thoughtful in our dealings with each other and the world at large. We dont act out of spite, we dont rush to judgment, we dont jump to conclusions. If someone disagrees with us or attacks us we listen, we think, and we respond calmly and clearly - directly addressing the idea or the situation, not the personality or the pressure.
- 3. Improve consistently: Trying new things, failing fast and iterate is part of our DNA. We understand that everything that we do is a constant iteration. One day we celebrate the success of something we launched and the next day we think about how to make it 3x better. We try to make radical improvements, not make something better by 5%. Every process, every product, every sentence on the website can be improved. We believe in fast iteration and constantly searching for customer feedback.
- 4. Be your weird self: We are a diverse team of different nationalities, living in different places. Its part of our culture and we try to leverage it. Each member of the team brings unique value to our product and the way we work.
- 5. Remote by default: Working in a remote team requires specific skills: We always try to be self-sufficient, take initiative and be creative in using technology. This also applies to the product we are building. When coming up with solutions we think about how we can remove friction and streamline solutions by providing top-notch virtual service.
Curated from weworkremotely.com