At 800.com, we’re building an intuitive & powerful cloud communications platform for SMBs & Enterprises to communicate via Voice & SMS.
We’re looking for an experienced full-time Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You should have senior-level experience (~7 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 5 years of that experience using PHP, and 3 years using Laravel. Familiarity with voice communications such as SIP and WebRTC would be a plus, but not essential.
You also have around five years of experience using MySQL, Redis, or similar data stores. You have significant experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team. You are able to work with very little guidance, manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience with PHP development (Laravel, Symfony, WordPress)
- 3+ years experience developing in a containerized environment (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries)
- Experience with REST, XML, JSON, etc.
- Version control using git on Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Agile best practices
- Able to solve problems in a simple, neat, and organized way
- Experience working in an agile environment, scoping and road-mapping, and self-management
- Knowledge of web performance and speed/memory optimization techniques
Bonus Required Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of test-driven development and testing in general
- Experience working with VoIP, SIP, WebRTC, Freeswitch and/or related protocols(big plus!)
- Experience in GraphQL and/or “Headless” CMS development
- API design experience for frontend or server-to-server
- Basic understanding of web servers, SSL, deployments, and continuous integration
- Worked with a QA team before or familiarity with QA/release workflows
Come help us with projects like
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving our vanity phone number algorithm to secure the best matching phone numbers for customers
- Innovating business texting to include; auto-reply, scheduled messages, dynamic templates, keyword triggers, and reporting
- Working with Twilio’s API, Bandwidth API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation plan (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- $200/month co-working stipend
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)