Title: Senior Executive Assistant
Location: US National
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
The senior executive assistant (EA) role supports the SVP of Global Supply Chain Operations (SCO) and works to make the organization run smoothly by maximizing productivity to help make decisions more easily. The SCO organization is large and complex and includes multiple functions including sales order management, planning, procurement, manufacturing, logistics and customer installations with employees in 30+ countries. US headquarters is in Palo Alto, CA.
- Manage the leader’s daily schedule and prioritize meetings. Must be able to understand business needs, apply judgment to triaging issues as they come in, and work with the executive to bring attention to high-priority items.
- Organize and maintain complex calendars across multiple time zones using a high level of tact, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Requires strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, and follow up with an aptitude for speed, collaboration, and open communication. Follow up on action items on behalf of the executives, as appropriate.
- Partner and network with other administrative assistants to collaborate, obtain information, get things done both inside Varian as well as other divisions.
- Arrange and coordinate complex travel arrangements, accommodations, and all trip logistics expeditiously and accurately. Understand the executives’ needs/preferences and schedule accordingly. Prepare and track expense reports as they happen.
- Follow up on requested items. Resolve time-sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and speed and exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Project manage all logistics for individual or multi-attendee meetings both at company facility and offsite across the globe. Ensure hotel, IT support, transportation, meeting logistics, food, entertainment is all handled with detailed precision and proactively. Coordinate with other locations to ensure receiving end is well arranged.
- Proactively identify opportunities to make the overall team more efficient over the long-term including use of shared tools and files.
- Support team-related space planning initiatives, office moves, and facilities issues.
- Excellent problem-solving and judgment skills and must be able to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Must be able to proactively drive meeting cadences, planning, and time management for the executive including ensuring they have blocked time for critical work.
- Highly organized with an ability to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness, and efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), professional demeanor and maintaining a positive outlook.
- A can-do attitude that focuses on getting the job done.
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as MS Office applications; Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly learn various company-specific web base applications (Concur, Workday, SharePoint, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. 5+ years of relevant work experience supporting at the C-Suite/SVP/VP level in a complex and dynamic environment.
Can be remote US or in person Palo Alto, CA