Title: Senior Front End Engineer
We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated and experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team to support our growing needs that have gained great traction to over 10 million users and now adopted by leading fortune 500 companies and organizations, transforming the way visual content is created in the form of engaging Presentations and Infographics.
Insights from the top
To be a fit for this position you need to:
You love to be challenged. You respect processes but it’s also why you don’t like corporate structure. You want to be a part of a start-up that is nimble but stable, innovative but not too risky, you want to be able to contribute and not just follow the standards and copy what everyone else is doing.
You love great UX. After all we are Visme: A visual design tool, so clean and aesthetic design and user experience is imperative to Visme. Although you spend most of your time coding, you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Beautiful UI helps weave your code into an impeccable experience for the user. In short, you care about more than just the code but the entire product and process.
You want to help others. You want to share your knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, and even directly helping customers when the need arises.
You can balance lots of concerns. Visme is a SPA, as with any Frontend apps you have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can’t control), customer demands, UX research, A/B tests, code quality, our rapidly changing ecosystem of modules, etc.. You are able to effectively manage your time. You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward. At the end of the day, we also ship products too.
Things you’ll be doing
- Coordinate with other members to continually refine and enhance user-requested features
- Contribute to our code foundation to scale system for our next growth phase
- Work as a team on creating new features our users need.
- Assist in product improvements and innovation of new functionalities
Education is a plus but real-life experience is even a bigger factor in our decision process:
- Minimum of 3 years full-time experience (Personal, freelance or work) with project(s) to back it up.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, or related field.
- Understanding of Behaviour Driven Development or Test Driven Development, experience in developing Unit Tests
- Basic to an intermediate working knowledge of PHP/MySQL, experience with popular frameworks is a plus.
- Must be fairly comfortable with hand-coding HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiar with HTML5 canvas, transitions and SVG is a plus
- Experience with GitHub and NodeJS is required.
- Demonstrable understanding of web site development methodologies/frameworks
- Last but not least: Be hungry to grow with our team and enjoy the ride!
- Competitive Salary
- Remote flexible hours and work environment
- Paid vacations and paid holidays
- Freelancers and Offshore development company applicants will Not be considered
- Recruiters: We know you gotta make a living; sorry we don’t work with recruiters.
- Applicants only, unsolicited services or other offers will be deleted.