Sr. Product Manager (Remote friendly)
PRODUCT & DESIGN PRODUCT
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what’s possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
Ranked on Inc. 5000’s list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
We’re looking for Product Managers with a founder mentality. If you’ve started a company before, are winding down your startup, or want to start a company in the future, you’ve come to the right place. If you’re ex YC/TechStars, have raised funds for your startup before, or are transitioning and thinking about what’s next, this role is perfect for you.
In this role, you will join a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and operations to build technology that puts patients first. We optimize for people with a founder mentality because we need to distill an insane amount of complexity into experiences that patients can easily understand and providers can delightfully and efficiently deliver. Some areas you’ll work on:
Consumer Billing: creating a seamless and transparent billing experience for our patients, from the time of booking to insurance processing through claims submission, adjudication, processing, posting, and payment collection
Enterprise Billing: building a highly reliable and efficient billing infrastructure for the fastest-growing business unit with XX% month-over-month growth
Billing Efficiency: building internal tools to improve overall billing efficiency and accuracy
Healthcare Payments API: packaging our world-class billing product suite and making it available to healthcare developers
Moonshots: aspiring to change patient healthcare experience (edited) fundamentally
This role is REMOTE friendly and only open to candidates currently in the United States.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate product definition and design, including prototyping and UI/UX, by gathering product requirements for Carbon’s services, including insurance billing, patient invoicing, revenue cycle management, and patient data capture
- Understand and empathize with patients, clinicians, billing, and support staff; feel their pain; and help them resolve their pain points via in-person visits and other sources.
- Reason about problems facing patients and providers from first principles through direct experience, deep research, and observation, and come up with original approaches to patient experience, technology, compliance, regulation, communication, and more
- Pull context across design, engineering, data science, operations, billing, and clinical teams in service of feature development.
- Maintain a solid understanding of Carbon Health technology, the market, and the competitive landscape. Create launch plans and deliverables to support our commercial efforts
- Drive effective communication across the company
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping products or services, preferably from scratch
- 4+ years of experience working with healthcare technology organizations, preferably involving Revenue Cycle Management solutions
- As a bonus, you’ve started a company before, raised funds back, gone through an accelerator, or worked at an early-stage startup
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or equivalent (preferred)
- Empathy & humility
- Clear communicator
Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, and paid holidays
Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
401k employee contributions, FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development through Udemy Business
All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.