Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Reports to: VP of Product
Come join LeagueApps and the team that is at the center of the fast-growing youth sports market, a $70B opportunity in the U.S. alone.
Born and bred in New York City, LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders—providing them with the technology and professional network they need to succeed. A fast-growing, venture-backed company, we power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
We’re committed to our mission—creating amazing sports experiences for all. Through our FundPlay program, we donate a percentage of every dollar spent on our platform back to the communities and families that need it. Our goal is to impact 500,000 underserved athletes by 2022. Beyond FundPlay, we advocate for accessibility and equity through PLAYS, a movement we helped launch and lead to mobilize the industry in spring 2020, and by creating awareness around the systemic issues that keep kids on the bench. (You can listen to our President discussing this during a recent event with Axios as part of their Hard Truths Deep Dives content series.)
Last year, we were ranked on Deloitte’s Fast 500, were recognized by Hashtag Sports for our industry leadership in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and named a “Best Employer in Sport” by Front Office Sports and BuiltIn NYC. We’re looking for team members who want to be part of building the greatest local sports company in the world.
Role Mission: Create the market-leading experience and a product uniquely suited for the youth sports industry’s fastest growing and most influential organizations needs
1) Define the strategy and plan roadmaps and releases for your product
- Develop the strategy for your product area: Member & Admin management, including:
- Global navigation & configuration
- Member accounts & profiles
- Account identity
- Roles & permissions
- Conduct ongoing internal and external discovery to understand context, business, and identify problems to solve.
- Own the product backlog for your squad.
- Work closely with design and engineering to ideate on solutions.
- Prioritize based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Propose and own your roadmap.
- Run experiments and test hypotheses.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop release plans and go-to-market activities.
- Know your market: keep up with industry trends and competition to feed into prioritization criteria.
2) Manage the implementation with your squad
- Generate user stories, write acceptance criteria (in JIRA) and groom sprint tickets in very close collaboration with engineers and design for your squad.
- Manage the day to day Agile ceremonies with your Squad.
- Organize feedback sessions with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Collaborate with QA to ensure a quality release.
- Review and accept tickets for release.
- Organize canary and/or UAT sessions.
- Identify and propose areas for continuous improvement.
3) Align and communicate cross-functionally
- Communicate product plans and roadmaps internally.
- Develop release plans and communications with product marketing for larger features.
- Communicate ongoing releases to the company for your squad.
- Represent your product area in client meetings and external events.
3) Measure success
- Collaborate with data analysts to identify quantitative goals for feature epics.
- Track and analyze product data to determine impact of product releases on epic goals and OKRs.
- Communicate success and impact on OKRS and users.
- 5+ years of related experience, such as product management, product or business analyst, or engineering role.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Business, Data Science, or a related field.
- Experience with B2B products.
- Strong product and Agile methodologies for entire product lifecycle with ability to coach others.
- Customer oriented - thinks about delivering value to customers.
- Curious and inquisitive mindset to identify problems to solve vs. stated problems.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent at synthesizing information, and detailed oriented when needed.
- Organized and structured thinker.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal and client interactions.
- Natural collaborator and enjoy working in teams to identify and implement great solutions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work autonomously, while taking guidance from your manager.
Working at LeagueApps:
- Equity Grants
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Parental Leave coverage
- Well pay for your sports leagues (and your kids sports leagues)!
- Cell Phone and Gym Subsidies and CitiBike discounts
- Culture and work environment that emphasizes teamwork, passion, learning, and fun. Follow us on Instagram to see for yourself.
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering, and grant-making
LeagueApps is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization, and to helping youth sports organizers across the country do the same.
Curated from remotive.io