Senior React Native UI Developer
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We’re growing our mobile development team. Join us in building a fully decentralized, censorship resistant, privacy first group chat platform that leverages the Ethereum blockchain to enable individuals and groups worldwide to communicate and transact with one another freely without restriction.
Status is looking for an UI Engineer to join our mobile development team who will work closely with Design to transform UI specifications into beautiful, smooth, performant and near pixel perfect interactive interfaces. The ideal person will be comfortable working on features end-to-end, has an eye for design and visual detail, enjoys working with designers as well as developers, and who can transform reused UI patterns such as list items into reusable UI components. The ideal candidate will love finessing UI implementations to the highest levels of quality and will care deeply about things like code cleanliness, reusability, maintainability, performance, and UI layout accuracy – as well as doing whatever needed to create a best-in-class user experience for Status’s users.
Willingness to both learn and share your knowledge with others, product-orientation, and making sure all team members are aligned when developing new features, will make you successful in the role. Status is a fast-paced, flat organization, working on cutting edge blockchain and decentralized messaging technologies in a dynamic landscape. We look forward to meeting you!
What we ask from you
- Implement new features end to end.
- Collaborate closely with the Design team around both the designs and the implementation of the designs.
- Craft eye catching UIs and propose improvements to our code base.
- Sense checking with team and prioritizing work from our backlog.
What you bring
- Experience implementing first class mobile user interfaces.
- Eye for detail; point us to completed implementation work.
- Experience with native React Native UI development.
- 3+ years of experience working on complex mobile applications.
- Prior experience or enthusiasm to learn Clojure / Clojurescript is a must have!
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with native Android UI development.
- Experience with native iOS UI development.
- Strong experience with CSS and CSS Flexbox Layout.
- Some experience with any of the following programming languages: Go, Clojure, ClojureScript, Java in Android development, Objective C, Kotlin, Swift.
- Exposure to designing structured UI components and libraries.
- An interest in decentralization and blockchains.
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
Something about us
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation’s priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 100+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That’s why everything we do is completely public to the entire community. You can view our development, Town Halls, and conversations.
Our community comes from all walks of life and so do we. We work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our project stronger. If you share our values, you will be right at home.