Title: Senior Security Engineer (Remote)
Location: United States
Who we are
At Path we believe behavioral health should be treated with the same respect, rigor, and focus of other chronic diseases. We’re building the future of mental health, and in 20 years we’ll look back and be astounded that we ever treated the physical before the mental.
What we’re solving
Over 65 million Americans suffer from a treatable mental health issue – that’s 1 out of every 5 people. Today it’s difficult to find a provider, and for those with complicated conditions, it’s nearly impossible to find coordinated care. We’re here to fix this.
How we’re solving
Path is at the intersection of tech + mental health with thousands of therapists, psychiatrists, and other mental health services delivering care through a virtual first approach. Our platform matches patients with exactly the right person for their needs, whether it’s experience with a certain condition, gender, race, location, life experience, etc.
As a member of Path’s Foundation Engineering team, you’ll be able to focus on doing your best work and create a real impact with a team of like-minded people who waste minimal time on unnecessary overhead. We’re looking for motivated engineers who thrive by helping the team set direction as much as executing on it.
In this role, you will:
- Help set technical direction and process for the team as it grows, especially as it shapes our cybersecurity posture
- Work with the team to build systems and APIs that will protect vital customer data at scale
- Mentor and grow the members of your team
- Work across the company to shape the future of the engineering organization
- Take on broad technical ownership of systems across our product and internal tools
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, with 4+ in a security-focused job
- A problem-finder mindset
- Comfort and skill with working in a highly autonomous, collaborative environment
- Experience shipping secure and compliant backend APIs, systems or infrastructure at scale
- Holding yours and others’ work accountable to a high quality bar
- [bonus] Experience working with Ruby on Rails
Path is a respectful, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our mission of simplifying behavioral healthcare services. We want our employees to be themselves and celebrate each other’s differences. We trust our employees to do what’s best for patients and our fellow team members without bureaucracy. We prioritize self-care and are building a sustainable business for the long term.
As Part Of Our Team, Full-Time Employees Receive
- The ability to work from wherever you want within the US
- Competitive pay and benefits that don’t change based on your location
- 2 company-wide shutdown weeks each year to focus on self-care
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance through our employer plan
- Access to our 401K
- Access to an Employer Assistance Plan (EAP) through our insurance plan
- The equipment you need to ensure your home office sets you up for success