Senior User Researcher
At Code and Theory, our User Research team helps us to understand the people we are designing for, what motivates them and where well-designed products and campaigns fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We apply a healthy combination of strategic and tactical user research methods including surveys, interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, concept testing, and cognitive walkthroughs to uncover insights and learn about people, products, and experiences.
As part of our Data, Analytics, and Research team, User Researchers have a natural curiosity and passion for design thinking and are eager to utilize research in order to prioritize product and campaign decisions, inform business strategy, guide design, and influence the overall user experience.
Partnering closely with experience strategists and interaction designers, they are the ambassadors for the user perspective, and are confident, compelling, and excited to share findings to internal teams and clients in visual, written, and in-person settings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Independently design, execute, and analyze research studies for our clients using a variety of methods such as in-depth interviews, surveys, usability testing, diary studies, and quantitative information architecture testing
- Provide tactical, actionable recommendations to inform strategy and design
- Clearly communicate findings and insights in a compelling manner to both internal and client teams
- Be an evangelist for how research can elevate strategic thinking throughout the organization
- Provide mentorship and oversight to junior team members to activate their existing skills and inspire growth
- Experience in a user research role at a major website, digital agency, publisher, consulting firm, financial, retail/e-commerce, CPG, or FMCG organization.
- Experience overseeing the entire research process from start to finish, which includes understanding the project brief, developing research objectives, designing the approach, executing the research, and synthesizing data to provide actionable recommendations
- Able to clearly conceptualize and communicate insights, as well as prioritize findings based on user needs, client business objectives, and overall feasibility
- Broad experience with qualitative research methods to inform product strategy and design, working in Keynote, as well as a range of research tools and platforms
- Equal parts excellent listener, writer, and storyteller
- Enjoy collaborative work with cross-functional teams in a strategy-driven and creative environment
WHAT IT TAKES
You are nimble, extremely observational, listen hard and understand the need to balance and prioritize in a fast-paced setting. Our research is experience-focused and primarily qualitative, so you need to have broad experience with these methodologies and capably deliver on creative ideas and campaigns. Due to the fast-paced, ever-changing nature of our work, flexibility is a must; the ideal candidate is excited to dive into traditional research methods, and able to manage projects where we are creative with our time and resources.
You are equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively, and are at ease in planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and sharing findings for projects and pitches. You nerd out on design trends, tools and are excited to promote a strong user-centric design research culture at Code and Theory. Oh, and your communication style? Ace interviewer, ingenious writer, and a strong presenter of research insights and findings. User Researchers at Code and Theory inspire our internal teams to think differently about how we solve real-world challenges, as well as how we approach and create transformative solutions for our clients.
Code and Theory is a digital-first creative agency that lives at the intersection of creativity and technology, which enables us to work across the entire end-to-end customer journey. We pride ourselves on not only solving consumer and business problems, but also helping to establish new capabilities for our clients.
Since 2001, we have helped redefine the publishing landscape, working with over 145 publishers in the process, while helping to create the first and second generation of digital-first publishers. Striving to never be pigeonholed, today we work across every major category, from tech to CPG, financial services to travel & hospitality, government and education, and partner with leading brands and startups alike, including adidas, Amazon, CNN, Con Edison, Estee Lauder, J.P. Morgan Chase, MARS, NBC, Samsung, Spotify, TikTok, and Xerox.
Code and Theory has a dedicated healthcare practice, eponymously named Code And Theory Health, focused on driving category innovation as we’ve done for other industries over the past two decades, working with clients such as Pfizer, J&J and Bioreference Laboratories.
The Code and Theory global network of agencies is growing and includes Kettle, Mediacurrent, Rhythm, and TrueLogic. Collectively, our team is comprised of nearly 1000 strategists, technologists, designers, analysts, and content creators, and with a remote-first approach to offices, we are distributed across North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. DE&I at Code and Theory isn’t just an industry concept that we support, for us it is a mandate and a practice that we weave into everything we do, and everything we make, every single day.
Curated from remote.co