Senior UX/UI Designer
locations Home Office
time type Full time
job requisition id JR-012553
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Mentors and trains UX/UI Designers on more complex projects and design decisions.
- Designs and leads complex and high-exposure UX/UI projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with leadership to determine UX/UI objectives and strategies.
- Researches, develops, and implements innovate, UX/UI design, encompassing branding strategies and best practices.
- Creates visually impressive UX and UI designs for web desktop, responsive, and mobile applications.
- Drive and apply design processes.
- Understands the user-base who will be working on the application and design the UX and UI accordingly.
- Quickly creates mockups, prototypes, and wireframes that reflect the business needs.
- Builds finished screens using the developed prototypes that can be re-used across multiple lines of business.
- Rapidly produces multiple possible approaches for internal use, usability testing, presentation to customers, and demos.
- Creates web and mobile optimized graphics as needed by various team members.
- Leads/participates in brainstorming sessions to elicit business requirements by talking to stakeholders.
- Maintains an appropriate balance between performance and content delivery.
- Applies best-practice UX and UI design skills to create proof-of-concepts, mockups, and prototypes.
- Works with other developers to ensure technical feasibility of designs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design principles
- Understanding of HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3 as it applies across different browsers and screen resolutions.
- Expert in visual graphic design and proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Mastery over Color Theory, Typography, Layout/Composition, grid systems, animation/transitions
- Very good understanding of Data Visualization and Data representation
- Proven ability to artistically conceptualize a multi-product UI framework.
- Ability to implement high performance and high availability web applications.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to initiate and run meetings and comfortable working with different teams within the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and a feeling of pride and ownership over the quality of our product.
- Proficiency in design tools such as: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to UX/UI design
- Five (5) years of experience in UI design for high performance/high availability web and mobile applications and in designing User Interfaces for Enterprise scale products.
- Outstanding design shown in a portfolio that demonstrates the required skills.
- Broad knowledge of project management.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.