Service Support Associate – Remote #7187
Telecommuter – United States
AREA OF INTEREST
Customer Service and Call Center
Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Service Support Associate!
About the role
As a Service Support Associate, you will provide support to the National Service Team, including leadership. You will also provide on-going service for Symetra’s small accounts (10-99 lives) and manage renewals for that block of business. Life & Health licensure is required (can be obtained within 6 months of hire).
What you will do
- Responsible for providing service to an existing book of business
- Manage renewal process for designated book of business
- Assist with processing of contract amendments (for assigned book and for other team members) by documenting customer intent and working with internal partners to negotiate the right contract language changes to meet customer needs
- Support National Service Team with creation of client deliverables or overflow of service projects
- Support AVP, Benefits Account Management and Implementation, Regional Service Managers and the Field Service Manager with special projects including presentation creation and team meeting notes.
- Build team reports and handle assignments that supports customer delivery, internal benchmarking, and analytics
- Process Agent of Record changes for the national team and create new welcome packages for the new service contacts
Why Work at Symetra
Here’s what some of our employees have to say about why they work at Symetra:
I feel welcome and included at Symetra every day and I really believe you can be you at Symetra. Megan H. – Deputy Chief Compliance Officer
Symetra values learning. Symetra has so many resources – whether that is the Student of the Business courses, sponsorship of professional certifications, or just individual employees being so willing to teach and answer questions. Felicia D. – Financial Reporting Lead Senior Analyst
What we offer you
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Hourly Range: $22.08 $36.82 plus eligibility for annual bonus program
Your experience and skills
- High school diploma required; 2-year college degree with a focus in Mathematics preferred
- Life & Health licensure is required (can be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- 2-4+ years of industry experience with a focus on life and disability
- Strong Life and Disability knowledge with an understanding of health and welfare benefits
- Knowledge of all group distribution products and the ability to communicate these clearly and concisely
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with partners, clients, and leaders
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates professionalism and integrity
- Able to make independent decisions
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with technology and familiar with MS Office Suite
- Excellent time management, multitasking, organizational, and prioritization skills
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we’re building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we’re guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they’re getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what’s right for our customers, communities, and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.
Curated from remote.co