Title: Software Development Engineer in Test – Backend
Location: Remote – US
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing fast and is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Studio Backendend team. At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio Studio is our low-code visual application platform for building communication workflows. It’s the fastest way to build and scale applications like IVRs and chatbots on Twilio. You’re excited by the idea of making it easier for professional and citizen developers to build communication workflows and want to work on interfaces that enable Twilio’s customers to do so.
- 4+ years of software development and/or testing experience at scale and automation
- Proficient in a modern development language such as Java, Python, RESTful APIs
- Experience with modern testing and mocking frameworks such as but not limited to JUnit, RSPec, Mockitoetc.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining CI/CD test pipelines using tools like Jenkins/CircleCI or similar
- Expert in quality assurance testing techniques, including but not limited to automated testing and manual testing
- Experience collaborating with partners on test automation as well as coaching engineers on testing standard methodologies
- Ability to translate architecture vision into concrete system designs and familiarity in creating testing strategies.
- Champion of good engineering habits: development techniques, security, tech debt balance, agile processes, etc
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Passion for quality code and building things, but also trying to break things and find flaws in the implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with our external partners and other engineering teams to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and validation specs
- DRAW THE OWL: Set and lead testing direction without having all of the answers
- BE AN OWNER: Architect new systems with a focus on interoperability, scalability, testability, and maintainability
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care what our code looks like, and you should too
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with colleagues on a small, energetic team
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help resolve technical issues and blockers for internal and external customers
This position will be located in one of our US based offices or can be US based fully remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Curated from remote.co